Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iphoto and .mac question

iphoto and .mac question
Roy Boy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2004, 07:07 PM

I'm still new to this mac world. I love my new 15" PB.

I take care of my church's website, creation, updateing, etc.. wanted to put up some pics today and thought i'd give iphoto a go. I made a photo album useing the "homepage" button and it published my album to the .mac acount that came with my new machine. I wanted to publish it to my church's web server, but alas can't find out how to do this. I opend my album for the .mac site and saved it via a windows machine and moved those files to the corect sever and all is well. except my .mac site will expire in 33 day what then how ca i use this feature with out the .mac site? can you publish it else where like to your hard drive?

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2004, 09:22 PM

Click on File > Export after you have selected the photo's or album. Then click on the web page tab, make your selections, choose where you want it saved, and rock on.

Roy Boy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2004, 11:44 PM

tried this but I have no options to aply any of the themes

cpac
Professional Poster
Mar 5, 2004, 12:02 AM

Originally posted by Roy Boy:
tried this but I have no options to aply any of the themes
That's because themes depend on resources only available on .Mac (publishing via that export also won't create the ability to do slide shows and whatnot...)
cpac

Roy Boy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 5, 2004, 09:06 AM

bummer

chris.p
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 5, 2004, 06:27 PM

You could use "better html export"- there are loads of themes and far more options than iphoto has (jpeg quality, etc). It allows you to upload it where you want, because it exports to a folder on your hard drive.

http://www.droolingcat.com/software/betterhtmlexport/

Forum Links
Forum Rules