Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > WOW Safeware is great!

WOW Safeware is great!
romeosc
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2005, 07:12 PM

.... I have had Safeware insurance on my Powerbooks for years and they have always been great!

But ..... I sent in my TiPb 500 with a broke hinge from a drop and they were replacing screen as promised, but when I checked on status today, they told me after Apple replaced screen they discovered battery would not hold a charge so they were sending me a new battery as well!

Now that is a great company!

osxisfun
Apr 5, 2005, 07:19 PM

i don't get it. did you send your pb to safeware? or apple?

romeosc  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2005, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by osxisfun:
i don't get it. did you send your pb to safeware? or apple?

Safeware sends a pre addressed box to ship and they take care of inspection and rest ... about 5-7 days.

The last time I had a problem with an Ibook, they just told me to get it repaired at local Apple store and send bill. I actually received check before Apple charged my card!

osxisfun
Apr 5, 2005, 07:30 PM

wow. that's great!

is there a special side rider for a laptop or does it get covered just like their regular computer coverage..

?

PeterKG
Senior User
Apr 5, 2005, 08:16 PM

Originally posted by romeosc:
Safeware sends a pre addressed box to ship and they take care of inspection and rest ... about 5-7 days.

The last time I had a problem with an Ibook, they just told me to get it repaired at local Apple store and send bill. I actually received check before Apple charged my card!
Do yu have a link for Safeware?
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

osxisfun
Apr 5, 2005, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by PeterKG:
Do yu have a link for Safeware?
I tihnk this is it.

http://www.safeware.com/

israces
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 6, 2005, 10:13 AM

I'll second the safeware recommendation. For the money, it looks like the best coverage around. I'd say that if you have Applecare and Safeware then you are pretty much bulletproof.
Backup your Backup

romeosc  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 6, 2005, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by israces:
I'll second the safeware recommendation. For the money, it looks like the best coverage around. I'd say that if you have Applecare and Safeware then you are pretty much bulletproof.
I agree! Safeware is more valuable than Applecare.... it covers accidental damage, theft, pet problems, drink spillage etc

Most Apple problems covered under Applecare would be covered by Safeware except manufacturoring defects.

Quotes are free on website .... I am on the road 200 or more days a year.... and things happen. Power cords tripped over, lightning, etc..... I wish they would give me a commision or a credit for every person I have convinced to buy.....

syncman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 6, 2005, 02:51 PM

Does ne1 know if there is a uk equivalent to safeware?

romeosc  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 6, 2005, 03:43 PM

Safeware covers travel abroad and is available in Canada, I don't know if you can buy from UK.....

Elektrix
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 7, 2005, 03:36 PM

OK, I put in a quote for a $1500 PowerBook, and it gave me $90. Now, is this $90 a year, or $90 and it's fully covered for as long as you have the laptop?

It sounds like a great deal.

-Elektrix

Goatbert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 7, 2005, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by Elektrix:
OK, I put in a quote for a $1500 PowerBook, and it gave me $90. Now, is this $90 a year, or $90 and it's fully covered for as long as you have the laptop?

It sounds like a great deal.

-Elektrix
Well, when I put in my CC# is told me that if I paid with CC the number would be stored and the policy auto renewed, so my assumption is it is yearly. Still, well worth the peace of mind.

-Jeff
"Beaker" - P4 3.2GHz, 1GB PC3200 RAM, 80GB Raptor C:, 600GB RAID5 D:, DW1820A 16x DVD Burner, Lite On 16x Reader, GeForce 6800 AGP 128MB, SB Audigy 2 ZS.
"Snuffy" - 1.42GHz Mac Mini, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD, SuperDrive, BT, Airport Extreme, L90D+ Flat Panel w/ DVI.
"Pepe" - 12" 1.5GHz PowerBook G4, 1.25GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 8x SuperDrive.

flypenfly
Apr 7, 2005, 07:08 PM

For theft, do they need a police report or anything else?

romeosc  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2005, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by flypenfly:
For theft, do they need a police report or anything else?

Yes, just like any insurance report.... to help prevent fraud!

Forum Links
Forum Rules