Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Windows Sticking Together

Windows Sticking Together
benschilke
Jun 27, 2002, 03:02 AM

Can someone remind me how to get back to the setting where I can click on a window in a different application, and not have the entire application (and all it's open windows) move to the front? This would be helpful in chat, where I will want to click on a pm window without bringing all of Charla with it.

Thanks in advance.

Gul Banana
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2002, 03:34 AM

I wasn't aware there was a setting for it, I thought it was an 'always on' behaviour provided by the window server.
[vash:~] banana% killall killall
Terminated

undotwa
Professional Poster
Jun 27, 2002, 03:35 AM

What additional system utilities did you install?

ASM, provides this kind of functionality. If it is installed, you can turn this setting off in the control panel.

I'm not sure TinkerTool has this kind of option. I'll check when I get back to my Mac.
In vino veritas.

waffffffle
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2002, 07:14 AM

ASM provides this and calls the feature "classic window mode." I think LiteSwitch X might also have it as well. I personally like it and I think Apple needs to include this as a real option with the OS because as of now the third-party solutions are a bit slow to respond on my Pismo 400.

benschilke  (op)
Jun 27, 2002, 04:24 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I wonder if I'm running into problems because I copied all my apps from old iMac to new iMac, rather than opened them from a zipped disk? I did have WindowShade on the old system--maybe it has somehow let its settings seep into my new iMac's preferences.

Thanks again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules