Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Citrix and 10.3.3

Citrix and 10.3.3
Bax23
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 05:38 PM

Has anyone had trouble connecting to remote servers via Citrix after the 10.3.3 upgrade? After moving to 10.3.3 both of the Macs I have tested with our Citrix connection have returned the following error:

The identity certificate received is not trusted
(SSL error 61)

Error number: 138

Any thoughts or ideas?

TIA,
JRJ

AU_student_iceBook
Senior User
Mar 18, 2004, 05:40 PM

It's fine for me, have you tried changing your connection from the default "tcp/ip + http" to "tcp/ip"?

Give that a shot.

Bax23  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 05:55 PM

I think I have tried that, but I have been through so many combinations I don't know if I actually tried it after I applied that particular change. I will try again. Thanks for checking.

Bax23  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 06:00 PM

It still gives the same error with the TCP/IP option only.

AU_student_iceBook
Senior User
Mar 18, 2004, 10:20 PM

Bummer.

It still works for me. Did your network change anything?

Phat Bastard
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2004, 11:47 PM

I just wanted to add 10.3.3 didn't affect my Citrix connectivity. I also think the problem could lie with the servers you're connecting to?
The world needs more Canada.
PB 12" 867 MHz, 640 MB RAM, AE, OS 10.4.2
Black iPod nano 4GB

Some Guy []
Forum Regular
Mar 19, 2004, 03:37 AM

what i've noticed about Citrix java for OSX is that it's pure crap. i've been using it since 10.1 or 10.2 and it would randomly just stop and start working for no reason.

it was pure garbage... is it still the same garbage java app or did they finally release a native OSX version?

-justin

JLL
Professional Poster
Mar 19, 2004, 04:10 AM

Originally posted by Some Guy []:
what i've noticed about Citrix java for OSX is that it's pure crap. i've been using it since 10.1 or 10.2 and it would randomly just stop and start working for no reason.

it was pure garbage... is it still the same garbage java app or did they finally release a native OSX version?

-justin
They released a native app almost two years ago.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15641
JLL

- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Bax23  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2004, 09:41 AM

There is no question something could have changed on the vendor side. I don't think anything changed with the network, but I will check with our network administrators to be sure. I personally think it is on the vendor side because I cannot connect from my iMac at home either. I get the same erreor message there. There is also the fact that every computer I have tried has connectivity via some sort of wireless solution including the iMac. The XP box I work with here at works connects fine (it is a hard wired (ethernet) desktop). Does anyone know where I can find the connection settings on the XP box? If I can find that info I should be able to use the Citrix ICA Client Editor and match it on my Pismo.

AU_student_iceBook
Senior User
Mar 19, 2004, 10:39 AM

If you go to your "citrix program neighborhood" and open your "application set manager" you will find "custom ICA connections".

Just right click on the ica connection you are using at work and select properties. You can see all the info there.

If you are not using an ICA connection it is a different story, so let me know.

HOMBRESINIESTRO
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 19, 2004, 11:15 AM

Does anyone know how I can change the computer name of the connecting computer? The windows client has the option to change the computer name for the ica connection. The mac client seems to lack this feature though!
Scarcely pausing for breath, Vroomfondel shouted, "We DON'T demand solid facts! What we demand is the total ABSENCE of solid facts. I demand that I may or may not be Vroomfondel!"

fizzlemynizzle
Senior User
Mar 19, 2004, 11:56 AM

error 61 means an SSL certificate on the server side has expired or is no longer trusted.

Bax23  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2004, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by AU_student_iceBook:
If you go to your "citrix program neighborhood" and open your c you will find "custom ICA connections".

Just right click on the ica connection you are using at work and select properties. You can see all the info there.

If you are not using an ICA connection it is a different story, so let me know.
Apparently, ours doesn't work like that. I have neither a "citrix program neighborhood" nor a "citrix program neighborhood". In XP, I connected to the remote host by going to the vendor website (https:www.cernerasp.com/prep/login.asp) where I chose �Citrix ICA Client for 32-bit Windows�. This installed what I needed in XP to get connected. It didn't, however, install any of the above.

Previously, on my Pismo all I had to do was login at the above site, let it download the .asp file and double click it to start the Citrix session. Now, I get the error shown in my initial post to this thread.

Again, Thanks for trying to help,
JRJ

Bax23  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2004, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by fizzlemynizzle:
error 61 means an SSL certificate on the server side has expired or is no longer trusted.
Yes, that is what the error said. Now what exactly do I do about that?

AU_student_iceBook
Senior User
Mar 19, 2004, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by Bax23:
Apparently, ours doesn't work like that....
Again, Thanks for trying to help,
JRJ
Bummer,
I am all out of help then. My company doesn't use the web to initiate citrix.

Talk to your network administrators and see what they say about ssl certificates.

fizzlemynizzle
Senior User
Mar 19, 2004, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by Bax23:
Yes, that is what the error said. Now what exactly do I do about that?
Get the people that run the servers to fix the problem.

If I had to guess I'd bet they're using Verisign issued SSL certificates that are effected by the expiration of Verisign's Intermediate root CA that took place on 1/7/2004. This is a mid-level CA which would cause any certificates issued underneath it in the chain to come up as bad, even if they're still valid. The people that run the server would need to update the intermedite certificates on them.

http://www.verisign.com/support/vend...-gsid-ssl.html

Bax23  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2004, 05:28 PM

Originally posted by fizzlemynizzle:
Get the people that run the servers to fix the problem.

If I had to guess I'd bet they're using Verisign issued SSL certificates that are effected by the expiration of Verisign's Intermediate root CA that took place on 1/7/2004. This is a mid-level CA which would cause any certificates issued underneath it in the chain to come up as bad, even if they're still valid. The people that run the server would need to update the intermedite certificates on them.

http://www.verisign.com/support/vend...-gsid-ssl.html
Thanks Fizzle. We are in the process of contacting the vendor about the problem. I will ask them about that and see if anything shakes out. Again, Thanks.

JRJ

fizzlemynizzle
Senior User
Mar 19, 2004, 05:55 PM

also, are you running the latest citrix metaframe client for OSX? if not, update it..

Forum Links
Forum Rules