Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: two-pin Motorola radio headset

WTB: two-pin Motorola radio headset
shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2013, 08:55 PM

I'm curious to see if anyone has a headset for a commercial Motorola two-way radio. The headsets available at my new job (yay!) are terrible, and I'd like an in-ear style one. I was going to get one on eBay, but I have my doubts about the quality of the Chinese knockoffs and the OEM ones are $30+.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 27, 2013, 10:08 AM

All I have is a remote speaker/mic, but I believe the connector is essentially an industry standard with 3.5 and 2.5mm plugs and standard spacing. (I've seen folks running Moto 2-ways with Radio Shack speaker/mics, which gives me confidence I'm right.)

While I concur that you may only "get what you pay for" with very inexpensive knockoffs, you also might learn a lesson in "supply chain markups" and find your lower cost purchase works very well. While you're waiting for the "perfect" headset, throw a few dollars at a cheap one that may not be as "terrible" as the supplied headset. You could be surprised.

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS on the new job! I just started one myself. Feels good, doesn't it?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2013, 11:12 AM

Dude, I was unemployed for nearly a year. I'm just glad to have a paycheck again (and I got a job with a company I've been wanting to work for for a loooong time). I ended up finding an extra in-ear headset at work, and it's working out okay.

I might pick up one on eBay, too, if I need another one. I've had both good and bad luck with cheap Chinese knockoff audio products. The $30 Bluetooth headphones I got from DX are fantastic, but other headphones and such have been really bottom-of-the-barrel.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules