Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Paris Expo Keynote Cancelled??? What will this mean????

Paris Expo Keynote Cancelled??? What will this mean????
habibman
Sep 7, 2005, 02:28 PM

Hi, so Steve Jobs cancelled the keynote, ok, fine by me. Here is what I want to know: how does it affect those of us who have been waiting for a powerbook update to emerge? Does anyone think that we will be told of an update this month? Does anyone have any info on the update situation? Thanks.

djkny
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 7, 2005, 05:01 PM

it means that Apple has decided to invest all its resources into pleasing faddy adolescents with music gizmo's in order to divert attention away from its rapidly declining hardware lineup.

9 month old PB and counting. Nothing new on the horizon. Drop your $2000 on a used car instead.

Oneota
Professional Poster
Sep 7, 2005, 08:54 PM

I think the new processors were delayed (Freescale not quite ready for primetime, or so I read), so that probably forced them to push back hardware introductions.
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

Tesseract
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 7, 2005, 09:05 PM

Apple has introduced hardware before its shipping date before. I think something else must have motivated this decision (but I don't know what).

cc_foo
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2005, 11:59 AM

I somehow don’t think refreshes or speedbumps of current hardware was going to make an exciting keynote. Therefore my opinion is there just wasn’t anything new and incredible hardware/software to announce.

Forum Links
Forum Rules