Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > 2nd Gen Nano: 8gb Black or 4gb Red?

2nd Gen Nano: 8gb Black or 4gb Red?
mikochu
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2006, 10:52 AM

Hey folks,

I purchased a 4gb (Product)RED Nano over the weekend, along with the Nike + iPod kit. I haven't opened either, but I'm contemplating on returning the red Nano for a black 8gb Nano. I really like the red, but 8gb would be so much more convenient.

I have a 4th gen non-color 20gb iPod that is always full. I have to delete stuff in order to put new music on it. I know I'd put new music on the Nano more often than the 20gb, but I don't know...cool red color.. or twice the space? Help!

Thanks

<edit>
Second thoughts...

Maybe I'll keep the (Product)RED Nano for jogging, and buy a beefy "6th Gen" when it comes out. *shrug*</edit>
( Last edited by mikochu; Oct 19, 2006 at 11:04 AM. )
Michael Reyes | www.mikochu.com | Power Mac G5 DC 2.3ghz, 2.5gb RAM, 320/250gb HD, Dual Sceptre 20" LCDs | MacBook Pro 2.0ghz, 2gb RAM, 80gb HD, 15.2" LCD, booq Vyper M2 sleeve, OGIO No Drag | iPhone 3G 16gb | iPod 60gb (5g), iPod2Car in the car | iPod 20gb (4g) in an iHome in the bathroom :)

Macintosh Sauce
Oct 19, 2006, 11:20 AM

I have been holding off on buying an iPod for quite some time now. Five years to be exact! Time to buy one!

Initially, I was going to get the black one, but when I saw pictures of the new red one I just had to get it. Actually, I purchased two of them with engraving - one for my wife and the other one for myself.

If red is your favorite color - keep it. Plus, you are helping out with the fight against AIDS in Africa with your purchase.

After trying the new iPod nano, I am so impressed with the functionality built into the scroll wheel. Awesome interface IMHO!

My new iPod nano will be for short travels here and there. In January, I want to get the 80 GB iPod though to put my entire music collection on it.

amazing
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2006, 11:53 AM

If money's no object, go for the 8 GB and get yourself a red case--and donate $10 of your own to your choice of charity. If you're on a budget, that's a different story--but you're really gonna regret not going for the larger HD.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2006, 12:02 PM

Get a red and a black, then take them apart and swap the red case onto the 8Gb with the black top, bottom and wheel !!!!

Seriously though, they are both cool in their own way, so it would come down to storage and cost. The red is for a good cause, so if you are happy with what you have got, keep it!

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Forum Links
Forum Rules