Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Moving emails from mac book to outlook

Moving emails from mac book to outlook
MacGirl80
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2014, 10:00 AM

I've got a mac book pro but I've started working in an office where everyone use windows so I've got myself a windows laptop. I need to be able to read my emails on this laptop though so before I spend hours googling this can anyone suggest a way of moving my emails to outlook without them being corrupted?
Someone at work suggested this Mac Mail to Outlook Converter - Transfer Mac OS emails to MS Windows but I thought I'd check on here first.

andi*pandi
Jan 28, 2014, 01:27 PM

I don't think you need any such app, sounds like spam to me. If your email is out in the cloud somewhere (IMAP) can't you just put your settings into outlook and pull the email down? No conversion/corruption issue.

MacGirl80  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2014, 11:22 AM

No, I can't, each individual file needs to be converted. If I try to export anything it doesn't seem to work, I just end up with a folder which I know should be mbox but isn't.
I just want to be able to export them all together without having to do each one individually.
But thanks for your help

Cold Warrior
Jan 29, 2014, 01:06 PM

If work lets you use your macbook, perhaps Mac Office Outlook would be fine to use for work email on their network.

If you have to use Windows Outlook, then how are you getting work emails on your mac now, with OS X Mail? Or do you have another email account with old emails, not for work, that you need on Windows Outlook?

Forum Links
Forum Rules