Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Going bluetooth

Going bluetooth
Mallrat
Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2005, 08:46 PM

I own a 20inch iMac G4. I want to go wireless. I already do via airport, but I'm looking to go wireless as well for my keyboard and mouse.

Currenlty I'm using the apple supplied keyboard (which at first I didn't like - but now I've grown to like it) and a logic optical mouse with scroll wheel.

What should I buy to be able to use bluetooth?

I guess I need a bluetooth adapter.

Would you recommend another keyboard besides apple's?

The mouse seems like the hardest part. Which one is your favorite?

Applefreak01
Senior User
May 11, 2005, 10:30 PM

First, yes you'll need to get a bluetooth adapter if you didn't get your iMac with one built-in.
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....6.25.7.11.1.3

Second I say get the Logitech 900 MX bluetooth mouse. I have the MX 500 basically the same but a cord version instead of wireless.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=7110

Third get the Apple Bluetooth keyboard. http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....0.11.1.0.6.12

Get all 3 of those and you'll be set
[Riding a circus elephant]
Peter: Look Lois, the two smybols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a fat white guy who is threatened by change. - Family Guy

Mallrat  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 12, 2005, 12:33 AM

But does the 900 MX work with apple?

And if it does, does the bluetooth base it comes with for the mouse, work with apple's keyboard or do you still need a bluetooth adapter?

Meritocracy
May 12, 2005, 12:18 PM

Yes, the 900 works. I doubt he would of recommended it if it didn't. Additionally, the base is simply for charging the mouse, you'll still need the adapter.
What exactly is rotten in Denmark?

Applefreak01
Senior User
May 12, 2005, 04:16 PM

Yep the 900 should work. I use the MX 500. Works mine on the Mac. And yes the base station for the 900 is for charging its battery so you'll still need the adapter. Sorry for the delay, long day at work.
[Riding a circus elephant]
Peter: Look Lois, the two smybols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a fat white guy who is threatened by change. - Family Guy

Forum Links
Forum Rules