Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Call of Duty Revolt Mod does not load!

Call of Duty Revolt Mod does not load!
DeeKat
Forum Regular
Apr 20, 2005, 03:10 PM

I just download the Mod, intalled it following the instruction (witch is to copy the Revolt folder in the CoD folder). Then you launch CoD multiplayer where there is an option to launch Mods. Revolt appers in the list, I select it, clic launch. Then I see the orange/sepia screen witch turn to black after a few seconds, then nothing! What is it I'm not doing preperly???

Help would be very appreciated.

NB: sorry for spelling errors, i'm french.

powertrippin
Baninated
Apr 20, 2005, 03:41 PM

>resisting comment about a french person playing a WW2 game... must resist... must resist<

DeeKat  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 20, 2005, 04:13 PM

actually i'm french-canadian! we fought on those normandy beaches! I heard that we were quite some badasses and that the germans were so scared of us that they ran away.

powertrippin
Baninated
Apr 20, 2005, 06:23 PM

Heh. Sweet.

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 20, 2005, 07:55 PM

Where did you get the mod? Is it my version? Was it a "zip" file, or a "dmg" with an installer?

Are you trying Revolt .15 or .17? I know that, somehow, my ZIP version of Revolt .15 got corrupted at some of the hosts. I would suggest trying to redownload the Revolt .17 installer available at Macologist.org. You will have to register, but it's free, and you can get a bunch of other CoD mods I've converted.

I wonder if it's something to do with Localization.... I assume your CoD is in French?
-iMac
(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)

Get Mac Game Mods Here: Macologist.org

DeeKat  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 21, 2005, 03:30 PM

yeah I got the Zip file (v.15) from your sig. I'll try the .17 installer from macologist and I'll get back to you. I hope it work because In loooove this game!

DeeKat

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 21, 2005, 07:56 PM

Keep your eyes open... Revolt Final is nearing completetion!
-iMac

cszar2001
Photo Architect
Apr 22, 2005, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by DeeKat
actually i'm french-canadian! we fought on those normandy beaches! I heard that we were quite some badasses and that the germans were so scared of us that they ran away.
They didn`t run away - they were falling back tactically.
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi. Unfortunately, they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to do their programming." Simon Slavin

Me on Flickr.

DeeKat  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 23, 2005, 09:35 AM

I Mac Man, I just load Revolt the dmg .17 verson and... I WORKS!!! Woohoo! Thanks! but... it seems I dont have any maps! is it normal? or I have to get them? I get the revolt server page but I only see classic CoD maps!?! Anyway I'll check Macologist to see if they have any...

Deekat

DeeKat  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 23, 2005, 10:12 AM

Ok actuallly all the maps are there but either there is no Revolt server right now or something is not working right. I tried HoB as well and in the server page I do not get any Revolt or HoB games. When i click �Game type� and change it to Revolt_x there is nothing! Do we need any kind of subcription to get acces to Revolt and HoB game servers? I tried hosting and it worked with HoB but not with Revolt saying �this type of geme is not supported�????? It dont get it

but let's bet positive: the game is loading! I can feel i'm almost there...

DeeKat

DeeKat  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 23, 2005, 11:07 AM

well I was able to host a Revolt game so I guest it's running well. Maybe there isn't any server. I generally get 8 to 10 servers on the server list for CoD, is it normal? should I get more?

Thx again
DeeKat

DeeKat  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 23, 2005, 03:48 PM

well I'm ansering my own post!!! I think I found the problem. I am running version 1.3 of COD and most servers are running 1.5! I just download v1.5 but i the read me sais that the save games from the retail version won't run after you applie the patch. I haven't finised the solo game yet so I cant upgrade until I do. I'm not even sure it's gonna solve the problem but we'll see...

DeeKat

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 23, 2005, 04:47 PM

That is exactly the problem!

Hurry up and finish SP so you can update to 1.5! : )
-iMac

Forum Links
Forum Rules