Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New 15" PB -- is it RevB or RevC???

New 15" PB -- is it RevB or RevC???
Phil the Fish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2004, 07:21 PM

I'm aware of the issues of when is a RevA not a RevA etc etc .. but I was just wondering what the consensus was as to the New 15" PB -- is it RevB or RevC???
Some posts seem to refer to RevB whilst others C ...... I thought the 15" was newer than the 12 or 17" (which are now RevC, as I understand it) ..... did the alterations to the 15" to redress the white spots issue constitute a RevB status?? and thus give the new 15"PB's a Rev C tag, or are they really Rev B lagging behind the 12 and 17" ..... or have I got the wrong end of the stick on all of this??

Just thought I'd ask.....

Phil
Phil the Fish
15" PowerBook 1.5GHz, SuperDrive, 5400rpm 80GB, IGB RAM/128MB VRAM
PM G4 D500 1.25GB RAM, 40GB HD

solero
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2004, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by Phil the Fish:
I'm aware of the issues of when is a RevA not a RevA etc etc .. but I was just wondering what the consensus was as to the New 15" PB -- is it RevB or RevC???
Some posts seem to refer to RevB whilst others C ...... I thought the 15" was newer than the 12 or 17" (which are now RevC, as I understand it) ..... did the alterations to the 15" to redress the white spots issue constitute a RevB status?? and thus give the new 15"PB's a Rev C tag, or are they really Rev B lagging behind the 12 and 17" ..... or have I got the wrong end of the stick on all of this??

Phil
It�s a rev b in absolute terms (second alteration), but rev c in relative terms (is not lagging behind)

Phil the Fish  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2004, 07:32 PM

Originally posted by solero:
It�s a rev b in absolute terms (second alteration), but rev c in relative terms (is not lagging behind)
ooops .... yer didn't mean lagging behind in terms of Tech updates, just the Rev tag.....

Phil
Phil the Fish
15" PowerBook 1.5GHz, SuperDrive, 5400rpm 80GB, IGB RAM/128MB VRAM
PM G4 D500 1.25GB RAM, 40GB HD

RooneyX
Mac Elite
May 1, 2004, 07:41 PM

Damn, I've been made confused. First version was 1.25Ghz, right? If so current 15 is Rev B and 17 is on Rev C. This is the first time my memory has been made foggy by internet and media banter hypnosis.

gostan
May 1, 2004, 08:26 PM

Rev. B or C......who cares....it is a great laptop!
24" Intel Core 2 Duo IMac 2.4 Ghz
15.4"/2.4 GHZ MacBook Pro

StiZeven
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2004, 08:57 PM

The current 15" AlBook is revision 'B' - not 'C'. Why would anyone think it's 'C' anyway? It's the second 15" Aluminum PowerBook release - no real mystery there!

arekkusu
Mac Enthusiast
May 1, 2004, 09:41 PM

A minor manufacturing tweak (like the display assembly for white spots) doesn't constitute a Revision.

Apple updating the developer technote constitutes a Revision.

15" AlBook is Rev B. 12" and 17" are Rev C.

mishap
Mac Elite
May 2, 2004, 11:38 AM

If you call it my PB 15" 1.33/1.5 -- i think the confusion will be cleared up

sbc
Forum Regular
May 2, 2004, 02:03 PM

Does anyone actually expect a Rev C for the 15" PB? If so, what could they do to it besides increasing batter life or reducing heat problems?
Am I ready for the Mac? I want a 60G iPod!!!!!

PeterKG
Senior User
May 2, 2004, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by sbc:
Does anyone actually expect a Rev C for the 15" PB? If so, what could they do to it besides increasing batter life or reducing heat problems?
What heat problems?
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

tooki
Admin Emeritus
May 2, 2004, 02:52 PM

Considering that Rev A/B/C are not Apple's names for these machines, it's silly to be arguing which one is "correct": none of them is.

tooki

sbc
Forum Regular
May 2, 2004, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by PeterKG:
What heat problems?
Maybe I should not have stated heat problems; however, some users seem to complain about the tempature of the machine during usage.
Am I ready for the Mac? I want a 60G iPod!!!!!

slider
Mac Elite
May 2, 2004, 05:23 PM

Originally posted by Phil the Fish:

Phil
To be completely accurate, this current model is the first revision of the "original" 15" Aluminum PB, so it's rev A. Or one could say that the original was version A and the revised books are versions B, C, etc. I realize that this is the way it's been since, as far as I know, the first generation of iMacs, but it's throughly inaccurate. More of a point of order, I guess

Forum Links
Forum Rules