Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Audio Out PBG4 v. MBP

Audio Out PBG4 v. MBP
gostan
Nov 12, 2006, 11:58 AM

I recently added a new cdp with a digital in to my home audio system. With the digital input of the cdp I can hook up the audio out from my computer to the cdp and have it upsample the sound for improved SQ.

My question is that the specs on my PBG4 1.5 show 16 bit stereo out from the headphone jack and the specs for the MBP show headphone/optical digital out combo. Does this mean that the audio out from the headphone jack of the MBP will be digital and that of the PBG4 will be analog?

I was hoping to be able to upsample the audio from my PBG4 into my home audio system, but if it is not digital, then, I assume that I cannot do so with 16 bit analog sound from the PBG4. If so, this is a shame, because even the Mini specs list comined headphone/digital out.

Anybody familiar enough with the audio out to comment?
24" Intel Core 2 Duo IMac 2.4 Ghz
15.4"/2.4 GHZ MacBook Pro

Forum Links
Forum Rules