Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Empty Chooser

Empty Chooser
San Acoustic
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2001, 12:24 PM

I upgraded to 9.2 from 9.1, but now the right-hand pane in the Chooser is empty. I can't click on a port to print. I copied the 9.1 System folder to another partition, and starting up on that one, the ports are visible.

I've opened both Extension folders and compared them, but nothing seems to be missing. The printer driver for my Epson 740 is visible in the 9.2 Chooser. I suspect that I am not doing something really, really obvious. But what is it?

Jacke
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2001, 12:27 PM

Have you checked your Appletalk settings? I don't know if the 9.2 updater can change these, but there's always a possibility...

San Acoustic  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 27, 2001, 02:10 AM

Thanks, Jacke, but Appletalk on or off made no difference, so for the third time, I turned on all the extensions using the Extensions Manager to compare them to the extension set in 9.1 on another partition.

This time, though, a warning popped up, saying one or more of my extensions are missing. It told me I could save the list of missing extensions, so I did.

The message says my chooser won't work because I'm missing one called dfil chzr.

Using Sherlock, and telling it to look for invisible files, it still won't find it in the 9.1 folder, even though 9.1's Chooser has everything that's needed. Lovely.

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: San Acoustic ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules