Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > MP4 Audio... holy crap!

MP4 Audio... holy crap! (Page 2)
MindFad
Posting Junkie
Mar 31, 2003, 02:32 AM

Originally posted by itistoday:
Bitch-wah?? I live in Miami-Dade country too! Hey MindFad, what's your zipcode?

And Ca$h, he's right, most people who live in Florida are not old rich people (contrary to Some Like it Hot). And most of the people here love rap. I personally like some rap, but the again, I like all music besides country.
Haha, cool. 33161. Where do you live?

itistoday
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2003, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Haha, cool. 33161. Where do you live?
It's been a bit chilly today actually...

Paco500
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2003, 03:37 PM

I personally like some rap, but the again, I like all music besides country. [/B]
Dismissing all country is as silly as dismissing all rap. Not all country is Garth Brooks or the Oak Ridge Boys. Try some classic Johnny Cash or Willy Nelson. For more modern, check out Lucinda Williams or John Prine. The line blurs a bit between/blues/roackabilly/folk and country, but you owe it to yourself and our great nation to give non-top 40 country a try.

imaxxedout69
Banned
Mar 31, 2003, 04:10 PM

Yeah, and while you're at it, try having sex with your sister, or a sheep.

-Ca$h

dav
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2003, 04:29 PM

Originally posted by rockhaus:
I use AACelerator to batch-copy to into AAC format at 128.

do you batch-copy your mp3s into AAC format? i intend to re-rip (from cd) everything into AAC once my ipod can play that format.

i cast my vote for rap music sucking.
one post closer to five stars

Paco500
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2003, 05:57 PM

Originally posted by imaxxedout69:
Yeah, and while you're at it, try having sex with your sister, or a sheep.

-Ca$h
You, sir, are an ass.

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2003, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by imaxxedout69:

Yeah, I bet you all those people in China LOVE rap. And all the old people in Florida love rap. And the soccer moms. And the business men. And the garbage truck operators.

The demographic that buys most 'rap' is composed of white males ages 15-25.

I hardly call that 'most people'.

- Ca$h
My ex is from China- take a guess what kind of music she likes? Have you ever seen footage of the Eminem concerts in Asia? Europe buys rap, Asia does (including the middle east), the U.S. and Canada are dominated by it (look at the sales charts), when I was in Mexico this past spring break all of the clubs were playing rap (in all fairness, they did know that kids from the States would be there). It is pretty safe to say that a good majority of the people that buy music and support music (such as radio callers, clubhoppers) listen to rap. I'm not saying it's their favorite, but they like it somewhat.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

klinux
Senior User
Apr 2, 2003, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by Miniryu:
My ex is from China- take a guess what kind of music she likes? Have you ever seen footage of the Eminem concerts in Asia?
Ah, because your ex is from China so she represents all people from China? I have not seen footages but since they are at the concerts t's obvious they like Eminem - no DUH.

I mean, 95% of people in this forum own and enjoy using a Mac but apparently this does not apply to most people outside of this forum!

klinux
Senior User
Apr 2, 2003, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
I'm much more familiar about <insert product here> way before you ever did... Because I can... well, ever see the movie Scanners?
No, WTF is your point?

Yeah, from Hitachi's website. That's why I provided the link.
You totally missed the point on this one again. I asked you whether you know something as a fact or are you just regurgitating what the manufacturer told you. Your answer is... a proud YES??? I mean, heck, Microsoft says SQL server costs $3.2 million less than Oracle and look, here's the link! http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluat...ttAnalysis.asp
The manufacturer says so thus it must be true! You sure are susceptible to marketing.

That includes the outside casing and Flash or PC interface. I was referring to the physical device.
Oh suuure you were. Man, I like this moving target argument. The microdrive inside is still bigger than a quarter, what are you going to say, "Oh, I did not include the read/write arm. I was referring to the platter size only."
And also apparently, the microdrive you purchased comes without the outside casing or the CF interface???

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2003, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by klinux:
Ah, because your ex is from China so she represents all people from China? I have not seen footages but since they are at the concerts t's obvious they like Eminem - no DUH.

I mean, 95% of people in this forum own and enjoy using a Mac but apparently this does not apply to most people outside of this forum!
No, she does not represent all of China. Because she has LIVED in China recently and knows what music is popular there I make this claim. The point I was trying to make about the concerts is that people were present in absolutely insane numbers, but of course you wouldn't have known that since you haven't seen footage. Asia likes rap music dude. That's all there is to it. They like rock as well, but they also like rap. They don't hate it like Ca$h does.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

olePigeon  (op)
Clinically Insane
Apr 2, 2003, 09:48 PM

Originally posted by klinux:
No, WTF is your point?
My dad knows more than your dad.

Oh suuure you were. Man, I like this moving target argument. The microdrive inside is still bigger than a quarter, what are you going to say, "Oh, I did not include the read/write arm. I was referring to the platter size only."
And also apparently, the microdrive you purchased comes without the outside casing or the CF interface???
IBM, Hitachi, PCTech, C|Net, PCMagazine, all of them refer to the Microdrive's platter size of 1" and call it a 1" Microdrive. Since you have one in your PocketPC that automatically makes you the master of all knowledge regarding Microdrives, I assumed that you would have known that as well.

Since you're infallible when it comes to knowledge of Microdrive technology, I guess I just proved God doesn't exist.

Edit: Fixed smiley
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

klinux
Senior User
Apr 2, 2003, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by Miniryu:
No, she does not represent all of China. Because she has LIVED in China recently and knows what music is popular there I make this claim. The point I was trying to make about the concerts is that people were present in absolutely insane numbers, but of course you wouldn't have known that since you haven't seen footage. Asia likes rap music dude. That's all there is to it. They like rock as well, but they also like rap. They don't hate it like Ca$h does.
I was borned and raised in Asia. Does that beat your ex who lived in China recently? It does not friggin matter because if you had studied logic, you would know that, repeat after me: some Asians like rap != Asia likes rap.

klinux
Senior User
Apr 2, 2003, 10:03 PM

IBM, Hitachi, PCTech, C|Net, PCMagazine, all of them refer to the Microdrive's platter size of 1" and call it a 1" Microdrive. Since you have one in your PocketPC that automatically makes you the master of all knowledge regarding Microdrives, I assumed that you would have known that as well.

Since you're infallible when it comes to knowledge of Microdrive technology, I guess I just proved God doesn't exist.

[/B]
I certainly am not infallible but I do not shoot my mouth off like you do e.g. my correcting your stupidity do not make me an expert in <xyz>.

YOU regurgitated something the marketers tell you and believe it to be the truth. You repeated their slogan - about the size of a quarter and I told you that the microdrive that you and I buy is no where freaking close to the size of a quarter.

AFWIW, I read and follow all those sources, they call it a Microdrive, not a 1" Microdrive as there is not any other frigging size of microdrive. Case in point: do people call the 15" iMac 15" iMac before the 17" iMac came out? It's, at best, a slogan!

rockhaus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 13, 2003, 11:03 PM

Originally posted by dav:
do you batch-copy your mp3s into AAC format? i intend to re-rip (from cd) everything into AAC once my ipod can play that format.
Yes, I reduce the size and maintain the same quality. My MP3's are higher than 128, mostly VBR. The MP4s (copies) are all at 128, sound the same, and are at least half the size.

I don't keep CD's around. I buy them from the recka sto, rip them, then give them away.

I don't care what album a song is from. I play my favorite songs.

I understand re-ripping can preserve audible quality. What do you use to rip directly from, say, a CD with AIFFs on it, to MP4?

The MP4 copies aren't yet selected to sync with iPod. They're kinda waiting unti I no longer need the MP3s at all. By then, I should have everything copied. After clearing out the MP3s, I'll have much more free space.

That's all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules