Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > General Mail.app problems

General Mail.app problems
real
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2008, 06:08 PM

Hello everyone,

Mail is acting very strange. I had to do a clean install and restored from a back up. Then this happened.
1. When I try to quit out of it I have to do a force quit. The main window will close but the Mail menu bar remains and its process still are running.

2. When I mark mail as junk the message is moved out of the inbox and into the junk folder. Then when I go to another folder in mail and back to my inbox the messages that I had marked junk and moved to the junk folder reappear. the only way to fix that is to force quit(see problem one) and re-launch mail. that seems to fix the problem.

3. Some mail rules are not running. and smart mailboxes sometimes display the right messages but mainly not.

I have run all the permissions stuff and caches but still the problem persists.

Any thoughts would be great thanks for the time.

real
With some loud music + a friend to chat nearby you can get alot done. - but jezz, I'd avoid it if I had the choice---- If only real people came with Alpha Channels.......:)
AIM:xflaer
deinterlaced.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules