Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9.1 and iPhoto

OS 9.1 and iPhoto
xmishx
Jun 4, 2002, 12:17 PM

Is there a hack to be able to use iPhoto with OS 9.1? I'd like to try using iPhoto, I'm using iView MediaPro right now, but there are features of iPhoto that are interesting.

If it does work, how much of it actually works? Full feature as in OSX or some limitations.

Any info appreciated.

X

iCol
Senior User
Jun 4, 2002, 12:48 PM

I beleave iPhoto is a Cocoa app, rather than Carbon, and so I do not think there is any way of running iPhoto under OS 9 in any way at all....

Confirmation?

Col
F is for Fooyork.

iCol
Senior User
Jun 4, 2002, 12:51 PM

anyone?
F is for Fooyork.

Northform
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 4, 2002, 01:18 PM

There is absolutely no way to use iPhoto with OS 9 because it relies on core graphics (quartz) to operate.

Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 4, 2002, 06:33 PM

no possibly way, i'm sorry to say as well. i definitely asked the forums this question before my leap to OS X. if iphoto is your reason to make hte jump, i say do it. you'll have to with time anyways (RIP OS 9), might as well start early.
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Jun 9, 2002, 04:53 PM

One of Apple's subtle ways to get you to make the jump.... which isn't a bad one based specifically on a leap of faith... OSX does have its merits (as does classic/ OS9)
good luck!
dave

xmishx  (op)
Jun 9, 2002, 11:47 PM

Thanks peoples. I tried OS X on my Lombard, and I felt is was just lagging along. I'll do OS X when I get something much faster. So for now, iPhoto will just have to wait. Anyone who needs a great phto browser, take a look into iView MediaPro. It is what I use now.

X

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2002, 01:09 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by xmishx:
<strong>Thanks peoples. I tried OS X on my Lombard, and I felt is was just lagging along. I'll do OS X when I get something much faster. So for now, iPhoto will just have to wait. Anyone who needs a great phto browser, take a look into iView MediaPro. It is what I use now.

X</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Hey X,
Another great multipurpose program is Graphic converter... this is what I use to use before iPhoto... basically it is more for graphics editing, but allows you to browse by folder and gives you several different ways to print your photos (different sizes, contact sheets, individual folders, etc). Again, it's main purpose is not a photo browser/organizer like iPhoto, but it is incredibly powerful and easy to use.
dave

Forum Links
Forum Rules