Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Connecting Quadra 800 (PowerPC 601Daystar) to G3 Powerbook via Ethernet

Connecting Quadra 800 (PowerPC 601Daystar) to G3 Powerbook via Ethernet
Gillfoto
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 1999, 03:46 PM

First where to get Femala type plug/adaptor
for Ethernet, as Quadra 800 has male outlet, and you get from G3 Powerbook cable with two male ends :-(
Also will there be a conflict? The Quadra runs 8.1/non-HFS and the Powerbook runs 8.5.1/ HFS. Any help appreciated :-)

------------------

DMSDFW
Mar 10, 1999, 05:23 PM

I think you talking about Apple's AAUI connector for ethernet on the 800. Your G3 powerbook should have a rj-45 connector for ethernet. You should be able to connect them with a rj-45 cross over cable connected to the AAUI adapter's rj-45 port side and the rj-45 port on the G3 PB. The 800 connects to the AAUI side of the adapter and rj-45 to the cross over cable. I would connect the machine up before starting them and start the G3 PB first before the 800. Then go to the control panels/appletalk and select ethernet or ethertalk (depense on what OS). We call this a pier to pier network, but it much easier to set up on the Macintosh Platform. If you have anymore question email me.
David
[email protected]

Forum Links
Forum Rules