Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > anyone know error type 10

anyone know error type 10
tz3gm
Senior User
Jun 4, 2002, 02:17 AM

does anyone know what a Finder Error Type 10 means...

how do i fix it, thanks

Cipher13
Jun 4, 2002, 04:54 AM

Line 1111 Trap error.

You click your heels three times, and reboot.

Uh, can you give us a little more info? What app is crashing? When? What computer? System? Etc... could come in handy.

tz3gm  (op)
Senior User
Jun 4, 2002, 01:14 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Cipher13:
<strong>Line 1111 Trap error.

You click your heels three times, and reboot.

Uh, can you give us a little more info? What app is crashing? When? What computer? System? Etc... could come in handy.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">it's a G4 450 Mhz
15K RPM Cheetah SCSI drive
640 Meg Ram
OS 9.1

seems like sometimes when i quit Outlook Express 5, it will quit and the finder will have like an error

then when i try to reboot, the computer hangs

and then when i press apple opt esc. then it hangs and gives me that error

do i replace the system folder or just take out the OE prefs.?

thanks Cipher

Cipher13
Jun 9, 2002, 08:33 PM

Yeah, that's not that odd. Pretty common, actually.

Try killing the preferences file (keep a copy of it, though).

That could fix it. If not, delete all the Microsoft extensions - when you run OE again, it'll reinstall them all by itself... fresh copies.

Lemme know how that goes.

tz3gm  (op)
Senior User
Jun 10, 2002, 03:41 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Cipher13:
<strong>Yeah, that's not that odd. Pretty common, actually.

That could fix it. If not, delete all the Microsoft extensions - when you run OE again, it'll reinstall them all by itself... fresh copies.

Lemme know how that goes.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">thanks for responding Cipher

i was beginning to think no one was listening....i will let you know how it turns out...

anyway, one question...i haven't been up to date with your recent posts, but are u still strongly against OSX?

lol

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 10, 2002, 09:07 PM

Haven't seen one of those since Mac OS 7.6.1, boy, does that bring back memories.

Cipher13
Jun 11, 2002, 06:08 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by tz3gm:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Cipher13:
<strong>Yeah, that's not that odd. Pretty common, actually.

Lemme know how that goes.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">thanks for responding Cipher

i was beginning to think no one was listening....i will let you know how it turns out...

anyway, one question...i haven't been up to date with your recent posts, but are u still strongly against OSX?

lol </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">I was never against it, per se; I just told it how it was.

As I still do.

It isn't realistic for use as a pro OS. I use it a fair bit though; but when it comes time to work, I go back to OS9.

The iMac runs OSX full time (I don't use it - family comp).

Forum Links
Forum Rules