Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Open and Save Dialog Problem

Open and Save Dialog Problem
cnet
Jan 28, 1999, 03:37 PM

I was just reading about all the cool new features of OS 8.5.1's Open and Save Dialog, and discovered those features aren't in my dialog. I just get the standard old-style open and save dialog...any thoughts?

Bill Clarke
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 1999, 04:17 PM

Applications must be written explicitly to use the new navigation features of OS 8.5. Currently, very few have done this, but as new verions become available, you'll see them.
Bill

bluetrain
Jan 30, 1999, 01:12 AM

Bill, perhaps you might be able to answer this: what good is the "smart" scroll bar on the new open/save dialog box if it doesn't incorporate what i call "live" scrolling? What I'm talking about is that when you slide the scroll bar, it doesn't shift the items in the dialog box concurrently, whereas I noticed the old dialogs would. What gives?

Forum Links
Forum Rules