Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Ethernet probs since upgrading to 8.5.1

Ethernet probs since upgrading to 8.5.1
moshon
Jan 31, 1999, 02:22 PM

Has anyone else experienced ethernet problems since upgrading to 8.5.1? I'm on a G3/300 and have a Kingston 100 bt ethernet card. Since I upgraded to MocOS 8.5.1 connecting with anyone across our network is extreemly slow and unreliable. Any help would be appreciated.

AJDimac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 31, 1999, 03:53 PM

Try trashing the Finder Preferences, Zapping the PRAM and rebuilding the desktop. These actions combined with upgrading to the latest Norton NAV (5.03?) help immensely for my sysytems.

Mike Marciniak
Feb 1, 1999, 08:46 AM

Do you have any virus programs installed? Norton and Virex were somewhat incompatible with 8.5x, and did mess up networking. This happened to me initally, and I had to wait until last week when Virex 5.9.1 was posted, which resolves the conflict.

Forum Links
Forum Rules