Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > big prob with OS8.5.1 G3/400 and Toast 3.5.5

big prob with OS8.5.1 G3/400 and Toast 3.5.5
jabiru
Jan 31, 1999, 05:38 PM

I have a new G3/400mhz (blue+white) and for starters have found it generally very fast and troublesome. My primary problem is that my Plextor CD SCSI 2 burner and Adaptec toast CD s/ware dont work. I have created a new set of xtns based on the apple minimal xtns, knocked out all the dross, turned off the Apple CD/DV driver, kept foreign file access and when I go to �write CD� I immediately get a type 3 error. (BTW it is the only device in the SCSI chain). Adaptec have suggested I boot from the apple CD and try, on doing so the machine just hangs.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

scott
Feb 6, 1999, 04:56 PM

I believe Adaptec just released Toast 3.5.6. Maybe try that out?

- Scott

------------------

--
Scott Stevenson
Contributing Editor,
MacN

scott
Feb 6, 1999, 05:00 PM

In fact, here's the MacNN story that directly relates to your problem:

"Adaptec has posted Toast 3.5.6 on its FTP servers, which adds support for the following drives: Yamaha CRW4416S, Yamaha CRW2216S, Teac CD-R56S, Plextor CD-R PX-R820T, Smart & Friendly CD-R6024, Traxdata CDR6240, Microboards Playwrite 8200. [servers are overloaded]"

ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/pub/BBS/PowerMac/

------------------
Scott Stevenson
Contributing Editor,
MacN

Forum Links
Forum Rules