Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iMac's and printers

iMac's and printers
Koplan
Feb 16, 1999, 10:50 AM

My district purchased 100 iMacs. Along with them they purchased HP697C printers. I keep getting an error 2 message when I try to use the printer. I have to re-install the software and take the plugs out of the ports and put back in. Often times the chooser doesn't even recognize the printer even after just installing. Is anyone else having these problems? Any suggestions? It is very frustrating for myself and the teachers as I have two schools and am responsible for 30 of these.
TIA,
Pam

John Engler
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 1999, 09:17 PM

Pam,

I'd like to answer your question, but I haven't heard of this problem. Will keep looking into it.

John

Scott Elliott
Feb 23, 1999, 08:05 PM

The HP site had much info on this. Check there if you have not. But be sure to search for "Macintosh HP Drivers." This will bring up a list of Q&A on how to make those printers work on an iMAC. (i.e. don't plug into the keyboard)

Unfortunately I have alot of experience with the Epson's, and not much with HP's on the iMac. If the stuff off the HP site doesn't work, try Apple's onlines support or better yet, there are some great online sources for help that are free. You just have to look around.

Best of luck.

Forum Links
Forum Rules