Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Photoshop CS Help!!!

Photoshop CS Help!!!
lunaticbunny
Forum Regular
Jul 10, 2004, 07:04 AM

Here's the problem - at work and at home i use a dual monitor setup; a crt connected to my PB. So when I'm using Photoshop, I drag windows between the two screens regularly and at the end of the day I just quit the program. This is where my problem begins, because I left all those windows on my external monitor, whenever i use Photoshop just on my PB, I can't get to those little windows, eg. the colour picker window, because i left that window on the CRT earlier. I can't figure out how to reset them, the only way is to reconnect my CRT, drag back to the PB side and sit back down on my couch. Help!
17" PowerBook 1.33GHz
1GB Ram

LBoogie
Jul 10, 2004, 12:59 PM

In Photoshop CS you can go to Window>Workspace>Reset Palettes. This fixes the problem with palettes by setting back to the default position but I have yet to find a solution for menus (layer styles, adjustment layers, etc) that I have opened and closed on my CRT. When I'm just using the laptop and open these same menus they're on the side that would have been my crt. I always try to remember to use menus on my laptop screen rather than my CRT

lunaticbunny  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 12, 2004, 05:27 PM

Originally posted by LBoogie:
In Photoshop CS you can go to Window>Workspace>Reset Palettes. This fixes the problem with palettes by setting back to the default position but I have yet to find a solution for menus (layer styles, adjustment layers, etc) that I have opened and closed on my CRT. When I'm just using the laptop and open these same menus they're on the side that would have been my crt. I always try to remember to use menus on my laptop screen rather than my CRT
bummer.. just can't seem to figure this one out. but there must be a solution for this.
17" PowerBook 1.33GHz
1GB Ram

gautch
Forum Regular
Jul 13, 2004, 08:31 PM

Window -> Workspace -> save work space

Save one for your PB and one for you dual monitors... then when your on your PB you can load your PB settings.. and when you on your Dual monitors.. you can load that one.

Easy.

lunaticbunny  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 15, 2004, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by gautch:
Window -> Workspace -> save work space

Save one for your PB and one for you dual monitors... then when your on your PB you can load your PB settings.. and when you on your Dual monitors.. you can load that one.

Easy.
I've already done that. But unfortunately, that only works for the palette locations, not window locations.
17" PowerBook 1.33GHz
1GB Ram

Forum Links
Forum Rules