Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iDVD ERROR! Please help

iDVD ERROR! Please help
donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2005, 09:36 AM

We stupidly used iMovie to create a DVD for a company outing. My partner and I worked for 3 straight days editing video and creating an imovie, then in the final hour (actually 3 just to be safe) we sent the iMovie to iDVD. We created the themed menu and let it burn. Thats when the ERROR came. We could not get the disc to burn past the iDVD menu. We kept getting an error in the first phase. I have had error in the past in relation to multiplexing, but this was different. ANY THOUGHTS?

msuper69
Professional Poster
Jul 26, 2005, 03:56 PM

What's the error? How much available disk space do you have on the iDVD project drive?

donny31  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 26, 2005, 05:23 PM

The error occured during the 1st phase of burning. The phase when the dvd menu is created. I believe the error said " menu error " or something like that. It happened 3 times (3 wasted dvd's) and it happened about 2 minutes into the process. this is weird b/c the errors i have had in the past have all occured during the actual multiplexing etc. I am running a new G5 with 7 GB of ram so I do not think the memory is the iisue --any thoughts. I have to get the final product to the company soon or I wont get $$$$

msuper69
Professional Poster
Jul 26, 2005, 09:30 PM

You're confusing RAM with disk space. Both are a kind of memory but RAM is not the issue apparently, if yuo have 7GB or RAM. How much disk space on the drive where your iDVD project resides?

donny31  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 26, 2005, 11:17 PM

i have 256gb of disk space. I tried again and got the same error. Its a Menu Encoding error.

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Jul 27, 2005, 03:13 PM

try to burn the project to a disk image. when that works successfully, you can burn the image to the dvd. then at least you won't waste dvds.

hab
Forum Regular
Jul 28, 2005, 10:58 AM

Re:
Originally Posted by DeathMan
try to burn the project to a disk image.....
Does iDVD 4 allow this? I looked and it seems that the program wants a DVD and automatically opens the tray of my FP iMac. I looked for a preference but found nothing. Perhaps this is a feature of iDVD 5?
21.5" iMac 2.7GHz i5; 15" FP iMac 0.8GHz G4, iPhone 5S

Forum Links
Forum Rules