Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Criticize a politician from your OWN party / political side

Criticize a politician from your OWN party / political side
ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2011, 08:56 PM

Or praise someone from the other side

I think Anthony Wiener (D) is an IDIOT!!!! DUMB DUMB DUMB

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 19, 2011, 09:43 PM

There are no politicians from my party.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jul 19, 2011, 10:02 PM

Funny, I thought this was going to be a besson thread.

Dear Mitch McConnell, what in the fork were you thinking with that ridiculous plan to cede power over the debt limit to the executive branch? Your branch, you know, the legislative branch you call Congress, holds the power of the purse. Don't you dare try to relinquish for political expediency the obligation to fight for fiscal sanity. The House went Republican because the Tea Party demanded fiscal accountability, and if you want to be in the majority in the Senate again you better start coming up with proposals that get endorsements from your own party, not Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama. Were you trying to make the Gang of 6's sketchy proposal look better by comparison? Either be a leader in the renewed movement back to Constitutional, limited government, or retire to make way for a superior Republican who will respond to the mandate we've given the GOP.

Big Mac, Top Conservative on MacNN (TCoM)
( Last edited by Big Mac; Jul 19, 2011 at 11:44 PM. )

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 19, 2011, 10:18 PM

Don't have a party.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2011, 10:47 PM

This thread is pointless. Liberals will criticize their own for not being liberal enough, conservatives will criticize their own for not being conservative enough.

Ok, I'll bite: Stephen Harper, you've brought success to the Conservative party, but your social policies are ridiculous. Stop treating our most vulnerable like punching bags! Quit picking on the great people at InSite, start the process of decriminalizing drug use, do something positive for our fellow citizens who are mentally ill and homeless. Being sick is not a crime.

ironknee  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2011, 11:17 PM

^^^

yeah, i didn't expect that...i was hoping for truthful free thinking instead of that...loophole!!!

see, the loophole is a mistake in my part to make it clear of what i intended ... do you love everyone in your party /political view?

carry on

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2011, 11:31 PM

I'm just curious what the purpose really is, to demonstrate our supposed open-mindedness?

BTW, no party for me either.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2011, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
I'm just curious what the purpose really is, to demonstrate our supposed open-mindedness?
Bingo.

-t

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jul 20, 2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
Dear Mitch McConnell, what in the fork were you thinking with that ridiculous plan to cede power over the debt limit to the executive branch? Your branch, you know, the legislative branch you call Congress, holds the power of the purse. Don't you dare try to relinquish for political expediency the obligation to fight for fiscal sanity. The House went Republican because the Tea Party demanded fiscal accountability, and if you want to be in the majority in the Senate again you better start coming up with proposals that get endorsements from your own party, not Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama. Were you trying to make the Gang of 6's sketchy proposal look better by comparison? Either be a leader in the renewed movement back to Constitutional, limited government, or retire to make way for a superior Republican who will respond to the mandate we've given the GOP.

Big Mac, Top Conservative on MacNN (TCoM)
The answer to that is easy. Mitch feels that there would be more damage done to the Republican party if the debt ceiling is not raised than if it is, but there are several Republicans in the House who will never vote for a debt ceiling increase on principle.

He came up with this scheme to get the debt ceiling raised without actually forcing the tea partiers to vote to raise it. In this process, he cedes authority to the Presidency because the House will not use its authority, and he thinks something needs to be done.

It's an idea that only a politician would love. But until the Gang of Six got back together, there weren't a whole lot of options other than help the Tea Party drown Government in the bathtub. I have to give him credit for trying!

(Does that count as praise in this thread?)

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 20, 2011, 09:09 AM

FTop Conservative on MacNN (TCoM)
Oh Jesus, let's not start this shit.

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
This thread is pointless. Liberals will criticize their own for not being liberal enough, conservatives will criticize their own for not being conservative enough.
Yeah, probably.

Sorry to insult you OP, but Weiner is really low hanging fruit, not to mention pretty dated news. Hell, it's not even related to the politics of this country, really.

andi*pandi
Jul 20, 2011, 10:19 AM

hee. "low-hanging fruit"

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 20, 2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Don't have a party.
Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
BTW, no party for me either.
Maybe I'm reading the thread title wrong, but it looks like it says party (or) political side.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2011, 11:41 AM

Ron (and Rand) Paul take the Libertarian philosophy too far. It never leaves that philosophical realm to where the rubber meets the road. Many, many Libertarians do this.

Ron also doesn't seem to have a problem with racist shit in his newsletter. I don't think I could ever vote for him.
( Last edited by subego; Jul 20, 2011 at 11:48 AM. )

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Maybe I'm reading the thread title wrong, but it looks like it says party (or) political side.
I don't really have a hard-line political side either.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2011, 12:18 PM

The 9th has spoken! It is officially OK to REALLY criticize politicians!
Man's call for Obama assassination is free speech, not crime, court rules - latimes.com
A La Mesa man who posted racial epithets and a call to "shoot" Barack Obama on an Internet chat site was engaging in constitutionally protected free speech, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday in overturning his criminal conviction.

Walter Bagdasarian was found guilty two years ago of making threats against a major presidential candidate in comments he posted on a Yahoo.com financial website after 1 a.m. on Oct. 22, 2008, as Obama's impending victory in the race for the White House was becoming apparent. Bagdasarian told investigators he was drunk at the time.

A divided panel of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals overturned that conviction Tuesday, saying Bagdasarian's comments were "particularly repugnant" because they endorsed violence but that a reasonable person wouldn't have taken them as a genuine threat.

The observation that Obama "will have a 50 cal in the head soon" and a call to "shoot the [racist slur]" weren't violations of the law under which Bagdasarian was convicted because the statute doesn't criminalize "predictions or exhortations to others to injure or kill the president," said the majority opinion written by Judge Stephen Reinhardt.

"When our law punishes words, we must examine the surrounding circumstances to discern the significance of those words’ utterance, but must not distort or embellish their plain meaning so that the law may reach them," said the 2-1 ruling in which Chief Judge Alex Kozinski joined but Judge Kim McLane Wardlaw dissented
45/47

ironknee  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2011, 03:48 PM

ahrggg

how about saying something nice about someone from the other side of your political view?

the point of this thread is to see how partisan we are are

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2011, 03:57 PM

Nancy Pelosi is a snappy dresser.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by ironknee View Post
the point of this thread is to see how partisan we are are
And there he is again, Cpt. Obvious.

-t

ironknee  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
And there he is again, Cpt. Obvious.

-t
wanna join in?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2011, 05:23 PM

Republicans: Stop meddling in everybody's private lives and start downplaying how much you love your god.

Democrats: Stop being whiny ineffectual pansies and bankrupting our country.

Me: Stop hating on both parities and pick a side since it's your only choice.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2011, 06:58 PM

Funny, I thought this was going to be a besson thread.

ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2011, 07:08 PM

Steve Wynn (D): You've ripped into this Administration like only a Democrat can.

Nancy Pelosi (D): Incredible skill in maintaining office.

Reps. Dan Boren (Okla.), Mike McIntyre (N.C.), and Mike Ross (Ark.) (D)s all: voted to repeal Obamacare.

Palin (R): Do not run for office. If there isn't enough room on your hands to write your complaints of Obama's teleprompter usage, there won't be enough for a debate with him on issues.

McConnell (R) and the remaining "old guard" Republicans still lingering around Washington: What Big Mac said. Your time is up. Step up or let someone else lead.
ebuddy

ironknee  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Steve Wynn (D): You've ripped into this Administration like only a Democrat can.

Nancy Pelosi (D): Incredible skill in maintaining office.

Reps. Dan Boren (Okla.), Mike McIntyre (N.C.), and Mike Ross (Ark.) (D)s all: voted to repeal Obamacare.

Palin (R): Do not run for office. If there isn't enough room on your hands to write your complaints of Obama's teleprompter usage, there won't be enough for a debate with him on issues.

McConnell (R) and the remaining "old guard" Republicans still lingering around Washington: What Big Mac said. Your time is up. Step up or let someone else lead.

ironknee  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2011, 09:18 PM

John Kerry (D) you dumbs... during one of the speeches you made during the 2004 elections, you said something like I'm the one who accompanied Teresa... a JFK ripoff!

Joe Biden (D) also ripped off JFK in some speech in the 80's (?)

Ronald Reagan (R) I misjudged you. I thought you were a far-right nut. But now i see that you were moderate in comparison to today's Republicans. bows

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2011, 09:32 PM

You see, if we're just doing Democrats and Republicans in government, I find it almost impossible to say anything good about the people I on the whole agree with the most (Republicans). Their social policy completely deviates from the ideal of small government, and they comport themselves like thugs.

On the other hand, I generally just disagree with the Democrats. For the most part they seem like fine people.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2011, 10:18 PM

Okay...

To all potential Libertarian candidates: Get off your asses and prepare to run for office, it's your best chance in decades.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

ironknee  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2011, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
You see, if we're just doing Democrats and Republicans in government, I find it almost impossible to say anything good about the people I on the whole agree with the most (Republicans). Their social policy completely deviates from the ideal of small government, and they comport themselves like thugs.

On the other hand, I generally just disagree with the Democrats. For the most part they seem like fine people.
ok that's cool

Forum Links
Forum Rules