Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Transfer App from iPad to iPhone

Transfer App from iPad to iPhone
phkc070408
Sep 5, 2019, 05:21 AM

I have an iPad Pro 8.5” (2017) and an iPhone X. I purchased an iMessage App, with money, and installed it on both devices. I had to factory restore my iPhone X and. unfortunately the app was removed from the App store, so I can’t redownload it.

Is there any way to copy the app from my iPad Pro and install it on my iPhone X?

While it was a while ago, I am highly frustrated that I can no longer download an app that I paid money for. I feel like that app should be available to me indefinitely.

andi*pandi
Sep 5, 2019, 11:55 AM

It used to be that backups were made in itunes, and the apps were in your itunes folder, and when you sync'd you could drag and drop etc. I added an app back to an old ipad that way after it had been removed from app store for being old. However new itunes doesn't do this...

Scania99
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2019, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by phkc070408 View Post
I have an iPad Pro 8.5” (2017) and an iPhone X. I purchased an iMessage App, with money, and installed it on both devices. I had to factory restore my iPhone X and. unfortunately the app was removed from the App store, so I can’t redownload it.

Is there any way to copy the app from my iPad Pro and install it on my iPhone X?

While it was a while ago, I am highly frustrated that I can no longer download an app that I paid money for. I feel like that app should be available to me indefinitely.
you should be able to, if you have synchronized or have your auto sync swithced on with regards to your apple ID. Have you tried plugging your phone and tablet in to your PC and connect to Itunes? You might be able to restore the app.you actually should be.

Forum Links
Forum Rules