Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > month old 700 ibook questions

month old 700 ibook questions
Mr Ator Pead
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 26, 2002, 06:56 PM

I have had my 700 iBook for about a month now. I just switched to Mac and I love this baby. However, I have a few questions just to check if others have noticed the same things that I have.

1) I reduced the processor performance in System Prefs. Then I run System profiler. The clock rating there doesn't change. Is this Utility just saying it is a 700 chip, or should it display the speed the processor is running at.

2) I have noticed "lines" on my LCD. They match up with the outline of some keys of the keyboard. I also have "scratches" on the trackpad button, and matching ones at the top outside of the LCD. (Near the hook). I have kinda wondered about this so I closed the iBook to check what was rubbing. I looked at the hinge end of the ibook, and on the right hand side the LCD is WAY closer to the bottom of the iBook then the left side. Has anyone else noticed this on theirs? :/

AP

G4 Mac User
Forum Regular
Jul 26, 2002, 08:41 PM

Also had my iBook 700 Combo for about a month.

1. No the processor speed in System Profiler is just that. It shows you the speed of the chip in the iBook. I have read that the speed goes down to 400 MHz when you use the "reduce processor speed" option.

2. Sorry but I have none of the defects you describe. I kept that little spone sheet that came in the ibook to protect the keys and I use it EVERY time I close the lid. It sounds like the iBook hit something to make it out of alignment. I have no idea how to fix that problem and hope and pray I never do experience that type of problem.

Your Pal

G4 Mac User (iBook Combo User Too)

Forum Links
Forum Rules