Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > The new music device is......

The new music device is...... (Page 2)
KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2001, 01:53 AM

Ever heard of Nintendo Game cube??
Yes, I speculated about that in another thread about this device. Nitendo and Apple teaming up on a game console/imac type of computer/media player-CD/DVD etc that goes between your PC and TV and has keyboard/mouse etc running OSX or version of.

I know it's not a "Mac" but that can mean in the sence that we think of when we think "Mac". This will be a "New Mac" something we are not used to, kinda like what the iMac did when it was unvieled.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

j3kyll
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 20, 2001, 04:32 AM

iPod, a portable hard drive for music that will feature a firewire connection for extra-fast data transfer. What's more, the device will allow users of Apple's iTunes music software to "synch" it to their computer collections, in much the way a Palm Pilot allows synchronous data transfer. The unleashing of the iPod is slated to coincide with version 2.0 of iTunes
A computer without Windows is like a cake without mustard.

kman42
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2001, 09:42 AM

I don't understand this iPod speculation. Who would buy an external firewire harddrive that is limited to synching with iTunes? That's not breakthrough at all. What in the world would you do with it? Unless there is more to it that you aren't saying, then that is just stupid.

kman

ink
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2001, 09:57 AM

Originally posted by bewebste:
<STRONG>It's gonna be a Steve Ballmer action figure, most definitely. What better way to scare people away from using Windows XP? </STRONG>
Replete with a pull string that shouts Ballmerisms?

Dance Monkeyboy
Developers

Edit: bad link :o)

[ 10-20-2001: Message edited by: ink ]

ARENA
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2001, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by kman42:
<STRONG>I don't understand this iPod speculation. Who would buy an external firewire harddrive that is limited to synching with iTunes? That's not breakthrough at all. What in the world would you do with it? Unless there is more to it that you aren't saying, then that is just stupid.

kman</STRONG>
Come on! A Hardware version of iTunes! With great capacity, FireWire, and a cool Apple design...that will let you listen your tunes everywhere?
THAT�S ALL I WANT!

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Oct 20, 2001, 10:33 AM

Moving this thread to the Lounge.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

Forum Links
Forum Rules