Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > isync not seeing phone, help!

isync not seeing phone, help!
dgold105
Forum Regular
Jun 29, 2004, 05:12 AM

I just got a new powerbook and am having trouble getting isync to see my P900. I have no problem pairing it via bluetooth (except when I use the Setup new device... menu item the option of use isync to sync events is greyed out).

I had no problems with my old Powerbook syncing the two. Same software versions on both machines across the board.

i did copy over my user files in full from the old machine so not sure if something is creating a problem there - although have since tried deleting bluetooth and isync pref files.

Lastly did have Salling Clicker and Proximity Sync installed on the old maching so not sure if some settings have crept in to the new maching which it doesn't like as a result of this.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on?

Macpilot
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2004, 01:30 AM

Did you try deleting iSync and re-installing it? That might work.
MacBook Pro
Mac Mini

jerseyfreeze
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2004, 11:36 PM

Originally posted by dgold105:
I just got a new powerbook and am having trouble getting isync to see my P900. I have no problem pairing it via bluetooth (except when I use the Setup new device... menu item the option of use isync to sync events is greyed out).

I had no problems with my old Powerbook syncing the two. Same software versions on both machines across the board.

i did copy over my user files in full from the old machine so not sure if something is creating a problem there - although have since tried deleting bluetooth and isync pref files.

Lastly did have Salling Clicker and Proximity Sync installed on the old maching so not sure if some settings have crept in to the new maching which it doesn't like as a result of this.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on?
I'm having this same problem with my brand-new Nokia 6620. I can pair my PowerBook and the phone, but it only gives me the option to use the phone to connect to the Internet. Syncing options are greyed out.

After the two are paired, I also can't add the phone to iSync.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason

Forum Links
Forum Rules