Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > GANT icons for OS X??

GANT icons for OS X??
JoeBilbo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2004, 02:13 AM

Anybody know of anywhere to download the GANT icon set for OS X? I have the Windows versions but they don't work with OS X. I have tried converting them with Iconographer but it does not work. It keeps crashing on me trying to open them.

GANT Icons

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2004, 05:29 AM

Originally posted by JoeBilbo:
Anybody know of anywhere to download the GANT icon set for OS X? I have the Windows versions but they don't work with OS X. I have tried converting them with Iconographer but it does not work. It keeps crashing on me trying to open them.
I just took your link, tried running a few through Iconverter and it works fine. It's free software, straight forward to use.
Download Iconverter

I would do them for you, if there weren't soooooooo many of them...

MetalSnake
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 29, 2004, 05:45 AM

Normally you can get those icons from www.resexcellence.com but the icons section is off at the moment.

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2004, 08:46 AM

Iconverter is the thing for the job. drag the folders into the Iconverter window. tick the "Batch process contents if folder) and you're off!

Do this to all the folder in the GANT set from Deviantart and make the appropiate folders for it or just select the same folder as the png's or ico's. If they are ico's you could download Pixadex and take a folder at a time and export them from that app to a folder.

The freeware version of Pixadex can't hold that many icons but it will do for the GANT set and Umicons too.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Aug 29, 2004, 04:46 PM

I like these icons (thanks for the heads up) So here is the Pixadex and CandyBar sets.

GANT Pixadex (11.7Mb)
GANT CandyBar (1.5Mb)

The CandyBar set is just the OS conversion, the Pixadex version contains all the 'current' icons. If you would rather have the full set as icons than download the Windows versions from Deviantart and use IconConverter to make the Mac ones as a mac conversion of them all comes in at 26.8Mb.
I don't know if I have a bandwith limit on my webspace.

Edit: Have Now been updated See below.
( Last edited by Mediaman_12; Aug 29, 2004 at 08:33 PM. )

JoeBilbo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2004, 05:05 PM

Excellent. Thanks Guys. Thanks for all the info and thanks Mediaman for posting a Candybar set. I had tried using iconverter too but it kept making the icons pixelated and rough around the edges. You guys rock!

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2004, 05:24 PM

Originally posted by JoeBilbo:
Excellent. Thanks Guys. Thanks for all the info and thanks Mediaman for posting a Candybar set. I had tried using iconverter too but it kept making the icons pixelated and rough around the edges. You guys rock!
If they were ICO's you are better off throwing them into Pixadex Did you read my previous post ? I think not
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

JoeBilbo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2004, 05:41 PM

You were right. I tried the Candybar container posted and they were rough and pixelated. I threw em all into Pixadex and they come out perfect now. Thanks again.

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Aug 29, 2004, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by Fonzie:
If they were ICO's you are better off throwing them into Pixadex Did you read my previous post ? I think not
Humm! I just thought the big sizes where not done, stupid app.
Any chance of Exporting that Pixadex set so I don't have to spend hours Re importing (wishes the OS previewed the ico files, Preview can display them why not the OS. GRRR!)

Forum Links
Forum Rules