Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I Sold an iBook Today!

I Sold an iBook Today!
Salty
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2005, 12:44 AM

Yes that's right friends... or well fellow MacNNers. Anyway I sold my first Mac today. I've already sold like 5 HPs which is frustrating. That said this is her first Mac. She's a nice lady, she wants a laptop to do e-mail and carry it around with her and go to their cabin with it and what not. But she wasn't sure. He daughter has a PowerBook and loves it but again she wasn't sure.
Anyway I talked to her on three different days, and today I saw them in again and was thinking hmmm doubt they'll buy today. Seems an impulse buy on a PC is easier than one on a Mac (I guess everyone figures since everyone uses windows they can figure it out where as not on a Mac.)
Anyway, but yah so I was happy all day afterward despite the fact that now after doing 8 hours at best buy, and now 5 more hours at the church for youth group... yah... sorry if my posts make even less sense than normal... need sleep.
But anyway after she was all done she kept telling our other sales people that she wouldn't have bought if it weren't for me.

By the way apparently our 14 inch 1Ghz (you read that right) can not be discounted to anything bellow 1200 despite not having an air port card and being two freaking years old!

Cubeoid
Baninated
Oct 15, 2005, 12:49 AM

Stop boasting.

Ratm
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2005, 12:50 AM

Great job.

GSixZero
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2005, 12:51 AM

I've sold more macs than I can possibly count. I've bought more macs than I can possibly count.

ImpulseResponse

Cubeoid
Baninated
Oct 15, 2005, 12:51 AM

Hi Ratm

Cubeoid

Cubeoid
Baninated
Oct 15, 2005, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by GSixZero
I've sold more macs than I can possibly count. I've bought more macs than I can possibly count.
Stop boasting.

Ratm
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2005, 12:53 AM

Hello there.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2005, 12:54 AM

Good job! Even after having sold several thousand Macs, I always felt good about getting one more person into a Mac, especially when switching them.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Cubeoid
Baninated
Oct 15, 2005, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ratm
Hello there.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2005, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by KarlG
Good job! Even after having sold several thousand Macs, I always felt good about getting one more person into a Mac, especially when switching them.
I doubut I'll hit the thousands. But in the time I've been at BB/2 weeks, we've sold now one iMac and one iBook while I was on (I didn't sell the iMac though afterwards I talked to the guy and sold him a Wacom tablet to go with his iMac). I'm hoping I get a decent rep there as being a useful guy to talk to about Macs because I do know way more than anyone else on staff about Macs. We also had someone return an eMac because they had problems with it, it was a demo and our guys wiped the HD because there had been a store copy of Tiger on it, put Panther on it and they had two problems and just wanted to return it. Which kinda sucked but the customer was very nice and she liked me a lot and she gave me their number to call them when/if our iMacs go on sale now that the iMacs have had an update.

Ratm
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2005, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
I doubut I'll hit the thousands.

Don't doubt yourself sweetie. Just do the best you can... mother is proud of you.

sorry.

Cubeoid
Baninated
Oct 15, 2005, 01:10 AM

^^.. HAHAhahHahHAHHAHAHhahahahHAHHAHAHahhahahHAHAHAHA!! ! Good one ratm. HAHAHA : hehehehehehhehehe. Classic.

Ratm
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2005, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cubeoid

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2005, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ratm
Don't doubt yourself sweetie. Just do the best you can... mother is proud of you.

sorry.
Well apparently my sale hasn't gone so well after all. Just got an e-mail from the lady and she couldn't get her daughter's edu copy of Office to run on there for some reason. Even hired some guy to come out and do something and he told her that Best Buy and Futureshop are unethical and sell used computers as new and stuff. And I can personally say that this computer we new no problems and... blah.

Drakino
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 15, 2005, 04:20 PM

Make sure the educational copy of Office is for the Mac. Mac versions of Office will say "Office 2004" or "Office v.X" where as Windows versions will be "Office 2003" or "Office XP".
<This space under renovation>

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2005, 04:39 PM

her daughter had a Mac copy.

OpenStep
Senior User
Oct 15, 2005, 06:41 PM

did you bone them on the extended warranty?

Cubeoid
Baninated
Oct 16, 2005, 02:04 AM

^ - HAhahhahaHAHAHhahahHAHAHAHHAhahhHA Good one OpenStep.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2005, 02:34 AM

Actually our extended warranty package is better than Apple's on the 12 inch iBook. We charge you 20 dollars more and if you get a lemon we'll replace it instead of what happened with me and my iBook and having it's logic board replaced four freaking times! Other than that it's basically Apple Care with no free phone support from Apple.

Anyway turns out she's going to bring it back tomorrow and see me, and hopefully I'll be able to fix everything up for her.

Forum Links
Forum Rules