Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > confession of a mac-screenshot swapper

confession of a mac-screenshot swapper
jchan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 24, 2000, 04:05 AM

Hello Everyone.

I'm very new to MacNN, I've stayed away from forums and newsgroups for a while. Anyway, I found the occasional topic of Mac desktops on PC screens interesting since I'm a graphic designer and sneak in Mac-screenshots as often as possible it just seems that a lot of PC promo people don't understand the appearance differences of Mac and PC interfaces (crazy as it may sound). Even if I'm given a PC screenshot to use, I can't resist dropping in an Apple logo somewhere.

Am I worried about getting in trouble? Nah, I brought it up a few times to my clients and it just seems that a lot of PC people don't care. To them, it's just a computer... luckily for us, it's more than that.

-j

disectamac
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2000, 09:05 AM

I'm no graphic designer but I can do the dandiest things with Appleworks

I mess around with a lot of Mac desktop pics I download and feel could be improved.

I took this little cartoonish Neo character from the Matrix "Stopping bullets", threw in the green matrix code back ground and threw in a "blue sky heart desktop top console around the border to organize my icons. All of the artworks are copyrighted but I don't distribute them. I'm into downloading the best desktop pics from all around the web. My collection of "good" desktop pics is close to 400MB worth right now. I'm trying to reach 650MB so I can burn a CD loaded with the best.

Forum Links
Forum Rules