Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Does Buffalo Wireless still work in 10.4.2?

Does Buffalo Wireless still work in 10.4.2?
SuperHard
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2005, 11:38 PM

Can anyone confirm that the Buffalo wireless card (WLI-CB-G54A) still works in 10.4.2? I have a 1.25 GHz Powerbook, WITH an internal airport card that does work just fine, but it requires it's reception is rather weak. I had read that that the Buffalo card is compatible with airport drivers, at least in versions 10.2 and 10.3 of OS X (couldn't find comments regarding 10.4). The reason I got this card is that I have weak signal reception while a friend with an new ibook, sitting next to my powerbook has tremendous signal. I thought having a card with the antenna outside of the aluminum case would give me better signal too. However, when I insert this card into the PCMCIA slot, either the computer freezes and a message pops up instructing me to restart (a kernal panic I presume, which I've never seen before) OR a little card icon appears in the menu and i have the option to "power off" the card. The other 2 selections pertaining to 802.11b or Braodcom are greyed out.

I contacted Buffalo, and they wrote me back that thier card is compatible with every Airport version above 3.1. Actually, I couldn't find Airport software on my computer, only Airport Setup or Airport Admin util. What's true? Should this card work or not?

Thanks so much!

Forum Links
Forum Rules