Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 2007 MLB season thread

2007 MLB season thread (Page 2)
Captain Obvious  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2007, 07:26 PM

The cubs need to just roll over and die tonight. Do the city a favor and get your choking over with. There's going to be too much traffic tomorrow with the marathon and Bears game and crossing off game 4 from the schedule will simply please everyone.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2007, 08:54 PM

They're doing a good job of it. I've never seen so many men left on base and opportunities lost. So many double plays, Ramirez looks lost up there, Derosa can't take ball 4, and Rich Hill isn't effective.

What a bummer. At least Illinois beat Wisconsin today.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2007, 10:18 PM

They sucked hardcore.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2007, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ghoser777 View Post
I've never seen so many men left on base and opportunities lost.
I have. Just last month, in fact.

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 7, 2007, 12:47 AM

Nice job Lou, way to save Zambrano for Game 4...

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2007, 09:45 AM

Wow, the Rocks just keep winning.
Kaz has been worth his weight in gold this series.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2007, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
They won yesterday without Holliday doing squat either.....very scary!

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2007, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
I really am glad to see Kaz doing so well, he was a poor fit on the Mets when he was there but seems to have found himself in Colorado.

gumby5647
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2007, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ghoser777 View Post
They're doing a good job of it. I've never seen so many men left on base and opportunities lost. So many double plays, Ramirez looks lost up there, Derosa can't take ball 4, and Rich Hill isn't effective.

What a bummer. At least Illinois beat Wisconsin today.
On another happier note...The Black Hawks beat their arch rivals, the Detroit Red Wings at the home opener in CHI
AIM: bmichel5581
MacBook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
160GB

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2007, 04:45 PM

looking like the yankees have to win tonight just so there's baseball between now and thursday. youch.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2007, 04:49 PM

2-0 red sox right now!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2007, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
There's going to be too much traffic tomorrow with ... Bears game
It's @Lambeau, why traffic in Chicago ?

-t

Captain Obvious  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2007, 05:57 PM

My mistake, I thought it was a home game.

I was rather annoyed that all the local papers were giving the Cubs such a shot to make it to the WS. As weak as the NL was they still had to make it there by way slightly better teams. They had a chance on paper against the D'backs but that was as far as they could have gone. Come today all the same sports writers are retracting their words and jumping on the Cubs suck bandwagon.

Nevertheless this was my favorite article this morning: Daily Herald | Cubs exposed as being the Cubs

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2007, 08:57 PM

9-1 red sox!!!!! YES hehhehehehehehehehehe

Alex

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2007, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by d4nth3m4n View Post
looking like the yankees have to win tonight just so there's baseball between now and thursday. youch.
HEYYY-YOOOO

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2007, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by rickey939 View Post
They sucked hardcore.
I know. Even Rickey Henderson couldn't teach them to score runs when they needed to....
Oh wait, you were talking about the Cubs. Nevermind.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Oct 13, 2007, 03:48 AM

The Rocks have lost 1 game in the last 20 played. Wtf?
Rolled the Phillies in 3, and up 2 nuttin on the DBacks. Unless they just spontaneously collapse, the Rocks are going to be the NL rep for the series.
But that's not my point, really. 19-1 in their last 20. That's just wrong. Playing .950 baseball into October is just insane.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2007, 01:10 PM

heyoooo. red sox for the win

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2007, 10:13 PM

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2007, 10:14 PM

nice!

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 14, 2007, 10:23 PM

Of course last night Cleveland tied up the series with a much better win...

The first game was just ****. Neither team seemed able to pitch worth a damn at all.

I'm just pissed off that the Mets bit it so hard at the end of the season. I just found out that I have access to a luxury box behind home plate at Shea (through a friend from Long Island), and now I'm going to have to wait until next season to take advantage of it!

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2007, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
Needing Gagne: Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia knows how much Eric Gagne is struggling. He also knows that this is no time to give up on one of the most talented relief pitchers in baseball.

"We need him to win," said Pedroia. "A lot of you guys get down on him. We need him more than anybody. Big Papi, Manny -- we need Eric Gagne as much as anybody. We need him."

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2007, 02:44 PM

I hope the red sox have a good game tonight. I'll be in rehearsal during the game, but it'll be ending right when the game gets out (or that's how it usually is) So I'll catch it on iTunes; or reruns

Alex

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2007, 06:49 PM

Go Indians!

Just to foster some resentment.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2007, 07:00 PM

I don't think you really need to try and foster resentment where the Red Sox are involved. Those of us who live in Boston and aren't Sox fans have more than enough of it to go around. At least we do on game days, when we're trying to get from point A to point B or enjoy a nice relaxing evening at the pub.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2007, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by G4ME View Post
Needing Gagne: Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia knows how much Eric Gagne is struggling. He also knows that this is no time to give up on one of the most talented relief pitchers in baseball.

"We need him to win," said Pedroia. "A lot of you guys get down on him. We need him more than anybody. Big Papi, Manny -- we need Eric Gagne as much as anybody. We need him."
What do you expect him to say... "Yeah, Theo made a big mistake on that one, we would have been better off with Jose Lima, at least he can sing the National Anthem too...."?

Even if he felt that way he'd never actually say it....

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2007, 12:13 AM

goholliday.®

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2007, 12:24 AM

I just can't fathom what the Rockies are doing. Dominant football teams have trouble going on rolls as good as the Rockies are on right now. If the Rockies win the World Series (and especially if they sweep), it'll be interesting to see where they are placed in the history of playoff baseball.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2007, 07:35 AM

I'm not sure if anyone can fathom what the Rockies are doing right now. Not even the Rockies themselves.

Baseball is a game of streaks. There are certain times when you just see the ball coming out of the pitchers' hand better, when the pitcher can nudge the ball over just enough to get the strike call, or when the fielder plays over just enough to snag a ball and take away a base hit. When the entire team goes on a streak at once, watch out!

(When the entire team goes on a cold streak, you need to watch out, too. But I promised myself I'd stop talking about the Mets....)

TurboMac
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2007, 12:18 PM

When the Indians face the Rockies (not if) they will have a hard time defeating our bullpen. Probably the best in the leauge right now. It will be a good match though..........not like the BoSox. I thought they were going to put up a fight after the first game. They only have one decent pitcher in Josh Beckett. Manny & Big Poppy can't hit sinkers, so that leaves them at a huge disadvantage. 3-1 after tonight!!!!!!
PowerBook 1.67 - www.qimcoinc.com

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2007, 12:23 PM

2-2 actually

they've tasted the losing beer and hate it. they should be coming back tonight and make things way more interesting

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2007, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by TurboMac View Post
When the Indians face the Rockies (not if) they will have a hard time defeating our bullpen. Probably the best in the leauge right now. It will be a good match though..........not like the BoSox. I thought they were going to put up a fight after the first game. They only have one decent pitcher in Josh Beckett. Manny & Big Poppy can't hit sinkers, so that leaves them at a huge disadvantage. 3-1 after tonight!!!!!!

silence

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2007, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by TurboMac View Post
I'm looking forward to the Indians vs the Rocks as well.
Dunno about the Indians bullpen being much more insurmountable than the pitching the Rocks have faced so far, but clearly the Rocks are on a tear of epic proportions so I wouldn't bet against them too much. Rocks pitching has been insanely good in the post season (ERA under 2, I believe) and they've won 21 out of the last 22, 20 of those victories have come against teams with winning records. Don't the Rocks have the best fielding % in the history of baseball as well? And their bats haven't really woken up yet. At any rate, it should be a fun series.
Not going to care right now. Rocks have made it to the WS in very convincing fashion. That's pretty cool.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2007, 10:18 PM

that inning hurt

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2007, 12:02 AM

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2007, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
2-2 actually

they've tasted the losing beer and hate it. they should be coming back tonight and make things way more interesting
heh..... i was wrong. damn all those homeruns in ONE inning

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2007, 07:50 AM

I'd love to see a Colorado-Cleveland WS. A WS without a NY, Boston, or California team in it will be bad for Fox Sports, and what's bad for Fox Sports is good for America!

I saw a quote in our local paper yesterday (which I can't find online, perhaps one of you gents saw it live) about an interview that Fox did during the game with Stephen King, who was in the stands at Fenway. He had a book with him, and when the interviewer asked him about the book, he said that he was reading the book between innings. Normally, he could get through 18 pages in a game just reading between innings. But thanks to Fox, now he could get through 27!

I've seen a reference to the 18 pages online, maybe one of out local beat writers was just being silly adding the last part. But it makes sense!

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 17, 2007, 07:53 AM

Damn, I can't believe I missed all the runs in that game! I was at an event and only saw through the top of the 4th when it was still 0-0.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2007, 08:06 AM

yeah ya also missed the first back to back to back in alcs history hr record set by the red sox

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 17, 2007, 08:08 AM

I may not be a Sox fan, but that would have been damned sweet to watch.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
I'd love to see a Colorado-Cleveland WS. A WS without a NY, Boston, or California team in it will be bad for Fox Sports, and what's bad for Fox Sports is good for America!

I saw a quote in our local paper yesterday (which I can't find online, perhaps one of you gents saw it live) about an interview that Fox did during the game with Stephen King, who was in the stands at Fenway. He had a book with him, and when the interviewer asked him about the book, he said that he was reading the book between innings. Normally, he could get through 18 pages in a game just reading between innings. But thanks to Fox, now he could get through 27!

I've seen a reference to the 18 pages online, maybe one of out local beat writers was just being silly adding the last part. But it makes sense!
I remember laughing my ass off when he said that. It was a great little jab that he tossed in at the end of the interview. What makes it ever sweeter is he owns his own rock radio station in bangor, which is the only private non clear channel rock station in all of Maine.

TurboMac
Forum Regular
Oct 17, 2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
heh..... i was wrong. damn all those homeruns in ONE inning
Wow

Yeah...I was scared for a moment though when the Sox started hitting everything out of the park. I knew what was going to happen when the announcer said "never in ALCS history has there been a back-to-back-to-back". But I'm glad it never paid off.

You can tell the Indians are more hungry then the Sox.............Big Poppy looks tired. And Josh Beckett is tired and sore. I think the Sox will have a lot of free time on their hands after Thursday

Go Tribe!
PowerBook 1.67 - www.qimcoinc.com

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2007, 12:31 PM

as a big fan of the sox, something big needs to happen in game 5 for them to snap out of this slump 2004 ALCS anyone? As they have been playing as of recent, they don't deserve a game 7 or game 6

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2007, 01:37 PM

Turbo:

I'm actually a sox fan and it was cool seeing those 3 homers in a row, but I agree with you. as of late, their playing has been very under par to their usual playing

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2007, 08:55 PM

*I'm going to put on spoiler tags so that people who missed it won't know what happened*

( Last edited by brassplayersrock²; Oct 20, 2007 at 11:45 PM. )

Captain Obvious  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2007, 10:26 PM

Didn't see this coming.

I thought Boston was done with a week ago.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2007, 10:31 PM

Oh man, I really want the Indians to win. I do not want to have to deal with a World Series.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2007, 10:35 PM

looks like you might have to deal with it
( Last edited by brassplayersrock²; Oct 20, 2007 at 10:51 PM. )

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2007, 10:43 PM

The Indians could still win tomorrow... Just looks at games 1 & 2.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2007, 10:51 PM

yeah i know

Forum Links
Forum Rules