Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Immigrants: Wtf?! I HATE DEMOCRATS!

Immigrants: Wtf?! I HATE DEMOCRATS!
cashsixT8
Banned
Aug 6, 2001, 12:13 AM

K, check this out. There's been discussion about setting up water stations near the border of texas and mexico for illegal immigrants.

WATER STATIONS!

JESUS CHRIST!

Ya know, if I had my way, I'd set up MACHINE GUN posts.

ARGH.

This pisses me off.

Hey, we should allow them in our education system too! Hell, we should just pay for everything for them! Who cares if they arent from our country, we should spread the love!

pfff.

- Ca$h

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2001, 12:24 AM

You sound like such a nice person.

Let me guess, you're still in high school, and your parents are wealthy?

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: ort888 ]

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2001, 12:24 AM

Originally posted by cashsixT8:
<STRONG>K, check this out. There's been discussion about setting up water stations near the border of texas and mexico for illegal immigrants.

WATER STATIONS!

JESUS CHRIST!

ARGH.

This pisses me off.

Hey, we should allow them in our education system too! Hell, we should just pay for everything for them! Who cares if they arent from our country, we should spread the love!

pfff.

- Ca$h</STRONG>
Maybe if we just welcomed them and gave the citizen ship they could join the legal work force, pay taxes, and become productive members of society�which many of them are anyway... That would stimulate and expand the economy, which would b a good thing. And who cares if they're "from" "our" country or not? What makes them less entitled to the benefits of American citizenship than you?

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2001, 12:31 AM

And here I thought it was Bushie who wanted to regularize the work status of folks who are now "illegal immigrants." I guess he must have changed parties.

Oh, and to make you even angrier, it's not just discussion--it's actually being done. By religious folks, no less. What a horror--all that Christian love is just debauching the country.
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

The Dude
Banned
Aug 6, 2001, 12:46 AM

Heh, I bet in 50-60 years, Mexicans (and even South Americans of sorts) along with other nationalites will be running this country.

Ain't the US great?

Eh, I know some of you don't want to think of a future like that, but I think that's where this country is going.

wANCO tHE sANE
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2001, 12:52 AM

What kind fo water stations? Drinking fountains? The river(s) that they cross is very toxic and poisonous, and maybe the border patrol use them to wash the stuff from them...

I put a V-TECH sticker on my iMac DV 400 and i'm burnin' Geo Metro's left and right.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2001, 12:53 AM

Immigrants running this country? Oh no!

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2001, 12:54 AM

We should just invade/claim Mexico to be our territory. That would settle it all.

elppa cam
Aug 6, 2001, 01:14 AM

um... setting up water stations was the point here and that's just plain silly. Dissolve the Border Patrol in that case. And I don't think "illegal immigrants" is the big problem... can you say... DRUGS?

Maybe advocates of this water station proposal are not pleased with the speed of their drug delivery and these stations would help drug runners get to market on time and stay healthy for the next deliv...

... Aw forget it. You get where the sarcasm was going... have a nice day.
"I... baked... your... dog... for... you..."

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2001, 02:02 AM

Originally posted by seanyepez:
<STRONG>We should just invade/claim Mexico to be our territory. That would settle it all. </STRONG>
Been there, done that. It's called California, New Mexico, Arizona, and Southern Texas!

Nick
Aug 6, 2001, 02:10 AM

cash, do you want to just sit in america for eternity and be pleased with your little self? Or do you want to see the rest of the less-developed world enjoy what America has to offer. They are people just like you, you know. Probably a lot of them are much smarter than you, too.[/LIST]

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Aug 6, 2001, 02:15 AM

Yes, Dems suck. But you are an idiot and sadly one of those people who help explain why Nascar, country music, pickup trucks and the WWF are so popular. I hate to find out what (if any) educational institution allowed you to graduate.

From a financial standpoint it is very beneficial to have immigrants come across to fill jobs in the US. Lets start with the fact that this was common practice and legal up until the 60s to have migrant workers stay in the US for 4-8 months. They were not here to steal jobs but to fill positions in agriculture that allowed US farmers to hire sufficient workers and not go broke in the process. After this law was reversed you saw the rise of federally subsidized farms and a decrease in family owned farms. Both very un-American by most people's standards. So unless you want to go pick your own oranges down in Florida at two dollars an hour OR have your taxes increased to pay legal citizens twenty an hour you don't have much of an argument.

In terms of taxes... illegal or not they pay them. Why, because its deducted out in one form or another by employers because they will pay up the a$$ if they don't. And on a large scale the benefits of those paid taxes are not recouped by those who are here illegally, even if they have kids in the public schools. And its not like anyone is currently getting a good education in public schools to begin with, so who is it going to hurt?

Immigrants running the country? Lets see... Giuliani, Frank Murkowski, Peter Fitzgerald, Mitch McConnell, and even Arlen Specter? Since I don't feel like giving you a detailed history lesson I will just say that Italians, Pols, Jews, and the Irish were all very much considered immigrants as recent as one generation ago and depending on who you ask they still are. AND since I know you aren't familiar with most of them I can assure you they are all GOP members.

Water stations.. stupid idea and a waste of cash. Bush's plan to allow immigrants to work here and pay taxes ... you can't even begin to understand how beneficial it would be to the economy. I say skip your next Mac purchase and take an econ and poli sci class at your junior college Alma Mater.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Scrod
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2001, 02:27 AM

Wasn't cash already banned a few months ago? I think it's about time he be banned again.

1. Is cash a troll?
Yes, he is.

2. Does cash contribute ANYTHING of substance to ANY forum at MacNN?
No, he does not.

3. Does cash annoy people?
Yes, he does.

4. Is cash immature?
Yes, he is.

5. Is cash arrogant?
Yes, he is.

6. Does cash appear to believe in white supremacy?
Judging from many of his posts, that would appear to be true.

So, can someone tell me why he's here posting on the MacNN forums again?
I abused my signature until she cried.

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2001, 02:29 AM

Originally posted by elppa cam:
<STRONG>um... setting up water stations was the point here and that's just plain silly. Dissolve the Border Patrol in that case. And I don't think "illegal immigrants" is the big problem... can you say... DRUGS?

Maybe advocates of this water station proposal are not pleased with the speed of their drug delivery and these stations would help drug runners get to market on time and stay healthy for the next deliv...

... Aw forget it. You get where the sarcasm was going... have a nice day. </STRONG>
If you think that's the way that the bulk of drugs are smuggled into the country, then I have a nice bridge in NYC to sell you

Codename
Banned
Aug 6, 2001, 02:56 AM

Originally posted by Scrod:
<STRONG>
So, can someone tell me why he's here posting on the MacNN forums again?</STRONG>
Because he's a biggoted racist Republican who is succeeding on strengthening my justifications for being a Democrat.

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Aug 6, 2001, 02:59 AM

<STRONG>6. Does cash appear to believe in white supremacy?

</STRONG>
Now you're being a troll. I've read many of ca$h's posts and nothing he ever post make me think he's into "white supremacy".

Codename
Banned
Aug 6, 2001, 03:07 AM

Originally posted by Scott_H:
<STRONG>

...I've read many of ca$h's posts and nothing he ever post make me think he's into "white supremacy".</STRONG>
You don't take notice because you're a white supremacist Republican yourself.

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Aug 6, 2001, 03:12 AM

Originally posted by Codename:
<STRONG>

You don't take notice because you're a white supremacist Republican yourself.</STRONG>
Cut it out. I don't often agree with Scott's politics (or Ca$h's), but I've read enough of his posts to know that there's absolutely no call for that.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2001, 08:27 AM

You're out of line, Codename. Blind accusations of racism aren't cool, they aren't funny, and they will make you a lot of enemies.

Personally, I think the water-station thing is absurd. I am not anti-immigrant; if people want to come here, work, and make their lives better by doing so, I'm all for letting them come here. There are plenty of legal means by which one can do so. But that's not how illegal immigration works. These people come here, don't pay taxes (how can they; they came here illegally, therefore the IRS has no records with which they can track a person to be taxed), and yet leech off the social benefits. There are plenty of people even on these forums that say the rich "don't pay their fair share"; well, here's another group that doesn't; why do you not go after them as well?

...and before anyone accuses me of blind racism myself, let me point out that I speak only of tendencies, not hard and fast rules. The statistics to back up my claim are scant, because collecting them is unreliable and difficult at best, for obvious reasons.

[EDIT: Added that disclaimer]

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Millennium ]
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2001, 08:48 AM

ca$h. do me and the rest of the readers of this forum a favor. when youre going to post one of these flamebait threads of yours (which are good in my eyes cause they spur discussion, but thats another issue) PLEASE do us the favor of posting a link or something to some sort of facts/research/articles/something. you come up with interesting topics of discussion, you just never post any references.

christ
Professional Poster
Aug 6, 2001, 09:10 AM

Originally posted by cashsixT8:
<STRONG>K, check this out. There's been discussion about setting up water stations near the border of texas and mexico for illegal immigrants.

WATER STATIONS!

JESUS CHRIST!

ARGH.

This pisses me off.

pfff.

- Ca$h</STRONG>
Ca$h, you never cease to surprise me.

I would have thought that a guy with your political leanings would tend to love illegal immigrants (different to just 'immigrants' by the way - 'most all of you 'mericans are immigrants, not all of you are illegal).

You can use illegal immigrants as cheap labour (in some cases almost slave labour) and if'n they get uppity you can just yell for the INS to come and take them away, and replace them with more of the same. If the flood of illegal immigrants is stopped you rich folks will have to start paying minimum wage to your housekeepers and you'll have to abide by the labour laws too. How un-Republican.

I assume that when you say that you hate democrats you mean people belonging to, or agreeing with, the Democratic Party, rather than believers in democratic principles, in which case I'm confused - isn't Texas (particularly near its border with Mexico) one of the great bastions of Republicanimity, what with dubya coming from there an' all?
Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

skeedog98
Aug 6, 2001, 09:36 AM

As was mentioned earlier I think the U.S. should just conquer Mexico. Anyone read the Time with the cover "Amexica"? I believe that the president of Mexico has said he welcomes U.S. control. I don't like the fact that Mexicans are illegally crossing the border and then living here without paying taxes. Possibly if Mexico was the U.S. then they would stay there. Another thing is while I love language and have studied Latin and Spanish while in college I still feel that if you go into another country you should try to learn the language. Lets get these border crossers into some night school classes.

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2001, 10:02 AM

Maybe if we just welcomed them and gave the citizen ship they could join the legal work force, pay taxes, and become productive members of society�which many of them are anyway... That would stimulate and expand the economy, which would b a good thing. And who cares if they're "from" "our" country or not? What makes them less entitled to the benefits of American citizenship than you?
I'll tell you why they're not "entitled" to the benefits of American citizenship. They don't care to. They sneak in here all the time to take advantage of our healthcare system, then sit around in the ghetto's and just take up room. (I am of course talking about ILLEGAL immigrants) Living in Texas for a LONG time and seeing just how much they care for thier offspring and surroundings it really makes me sad to go to the southside of town, let alone the southern parts of Texas. You see young hispanic mothers living in a dark, dingy, grease covered shack feeding BIG RED to a 3 month old and then going to the local Medicaid Office because "for some reason, my childs teeth aren't developing correctly"... It sickening. I have to say I have no problems with ANYONE as long as they put forth even a moderate effort towards living a decent life and contribute to society.

Mac Guru

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Aug 6, 2001, 10:36 AM

<STRONG>

You don't take notice because you're a white supremacist Republican yourself.</STRONG>
It's spelled Republikkkan in this context.

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2001, 11:09 AM

I don't know where you people get off calling Republicans "racist". i know a LOT of Racist democrats and maybe two mildly bigoted Republicans. Racism does not follow party lines.

Mac Guru

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2001, 11:14 AM

<STRONG>

It's spelled Republikkkan in this context.</STRONG>
Just ignore him, Scott. Codename idiot, it seems.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2001, 11:24 AM

Mac Guru, do you really think they live in shacks and mistreat there children out of choice? It's called poverty, something you were lucky enough to not be born into. Maybe if you could have been born in Mexico, with no money or hope for a better future, you would be more simpathetic.

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: ort888 ]

Treebeard
Aug 6, 2001, 11:28 AM

<STRONG>

Now you're being a troll. I've read many of ca$h's posts and nothing he ever post make me think he's into "white supremacy".</STRONG>
Ummm. What about this?

<STRONG>Ya know, if I had my way, I'd set up MACHINE GUN posts.</STRONG>
Or do you think that advocating the mass slaughter of Mexicans who dare come to the US (in order to find a better life for themselves and their families) is within the realm of "civilized" foreign and domestic policy?

I'm not saying Ca$h is a hood-wearing Klansman. (I think calling someone a "Nazi" is serious enough an accusation to be used only sparingly and accurately--otherwise you dilute the seriousness of the problem.) But he is a nativist (by definition). And most likely a racist (since he hasn't raised a bother about the large number of British people coming to live the the states).

But it's also important to understand that the gulf between hard-core white supremacy and nativism/racism isn't really all that big. When the Klan was reborn in 1915 (a few miles from where I live), the biggest single reason they came together was not to keep blacks in their place (or not only), but because of the massive waves of immigration from southern and eastern Europe, Ireland, and China. (Also, a recession had just begun and the immigrants were an easy scapegoat.)
Hoom hom hmmmmmmmmmmm...

groverat
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2001, 11:39 AM

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses
yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your
teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed,
to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

I guess that only applied to your family that immigrated here, eh ****wad?

Machine gun nests?
Your sheltered and pampered ignorance shines through with each new vacuous post.

You want to know what my favorite sound is, dip****? It's my sigh of relief when I open up the lounge and scan the topic listings to find your name absent, that's my favorite sound.

"bedsprings"
You like to have your cake and eat it too, eh Daddy-taught-me-how-to-be-Conservative?

You're not clever, you're not funny, you're an idiot troll and I feel sorry for whatever school system and home life produced you.

And for the rest of you who think this is stupid, why don't you try meeting a few immigrants and still seeing if you give them the same regard as animals.
Long live the AppleInsider forums!

christ
Professional Poster
Aug 6, 2001, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by Treebeard:
<STRONG>
...And most likely a racist (since he hasn't raised a bother about the large number of British people coming to live the the states...</STRONG>
OK - what definition of 'race' is being used here? What is it that makes someone from Mexico a different 'race' but someone from Britain not? People in Britain (and I guess from Mexico) come in all colours, shapes and sizes.

British people coming to live in the States are (I posit) mostly legal immigrants (it is damn difficult to sneak across the pond under cover of darkness) so maybe they are accepted more readily than _illegal_ immigrants from Mexico _independent_ of their race.

Maybe the Mexicans are predominantly hispanic, but it is my guess (Ca$h, am I wrong?) that ca$h would cheerfully machine gun illegals of any race, creed religion, colour or shape (with the possible exception of Republicans)

And he drives a Neon (and thinks it is cool). Sheesh.
Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Aug 6, 2001, 11:41 AM

??iginally posted by ort888:
<STRONG>Mac Guru, do you really think they live in shacks and mistreat there children out of choice?</STRONG>[/QUOTE]

Who says they mistreat their children? If anything the men down south are real Men. They go to great lengths to provide for their families. Unlike many of the so called men in this country who leave a wet spot and never look back.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2001, 11:59 AM

Mac Guru says the mistreat their children...

I'll tell you why they're not "entitled" to the benefits of American citizenship. They don't care to. They sneak in here all the time to take advantage of our healthcare system, then sit around in the ghetto's and just take up room. (I am of course talking about ILLEGAL immigrants) Living in Texas for a LONG time and seeing just how much they care for thier offspring and surroundings it really makes me sad to go to the southside of town, let alone the southern parts of Texas. You see young hispanic mothers living in a dark, dingy, grease covered shack feeding BIG RED to a 3 month old and then going to the local Medicaid Office because "for some reason, my childs teeth aren't developing correctly"... It sickening.

groverat
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2001, 12:42 PM

Mac Guru is full of ****.
So what do we do with the whites who do that? Deport them?
It's laughable that you'd try to make that the default description of Mexican immigrants, totally laughable.

Ca$h@work
Banned
Aug 6, 2001, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Yes, Dems suck. But you are an idiot and sadly one of those people who help explain why Nascar, country music, pickup trucks and the WWF are so popular. I hate to find out what (if any) educational institution allowed you to graduate.

Hey captain dumbass, guess what? I &gt;HATE&lt; nascar, country music, and wwf. More later...Im at work.

- Ca$h

PS: HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2001, 01:44 PM

It's called poverty, something you were lucky enough to not be born into.
Perhaps, perhaps not. Don't judge someone's past by their present situation. At least in the US, being born into poverty does not in and of itself mean that you stay there. This phenomenon is called "social mobility," and it's the key to workable capitalism: the ability to improve one's situation. It's also an element sadly lacking in a lot of places, but not everywhere.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2001, 01:51 PM

I'm sorry if my eariler post came across as a generalization, I was mearly stating an observation of my surroundings.

do you really think they live in shacks and mistreat there children out of choice?
I lay blame on poverty for them having to live in shacks but nothing, ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!!!!! Should ever MAKE you mistreat a child! I don't care if you're Daddy Warbucks, or the poorest mother ****** on this planet. There is NO excuse for mistreating a child. Now I'm not talking about spanking or anthing like that. I'm talking about these women pumping BIG RED, Coke, and PEPSI into a 2 month old child! You know with all that Medicaid and other Welfare they're using to buy the soda's they could be buying something Healthy for that child but you know why they don't? THEY DON'T CARE! It's free so why should they be concerned?

If anything the men down south are real Men. They go to great lengths to provide for their families.
Hmmm care to tell me where these men are? I know a select few... not this BROAD range of "real men" you speak of... care to elaborate?

It's laughable that you'd try to make that the default description of Mexican immigrants, totally laughable.
Well I'm glad you're getting a chuckle... I really did not mean to generalize the hispanic population as I seem to have done. I re-itterate that I was mearly stating my observations of my surroundings. I find it utterly sickening myself. I know plenty of hispanic families who had the fire in thier bellies to not be poor and have pulled themselves out from under Welfare to become extremely successful self-sufficient families. It IS possible... it's just that some people don't seem to care.

Mac Guru

groverat
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2001, 02:30 PM

I was mearly stating an observation of my surroundings.
Hey, I don't blame you, some parts of San Antonio are pretty crappy.

It IS possible... it's just that some people don't seem to care.
You are 100% right. It is inherent in people of all races. It has nothing to do with Mexican immigrants, therefore, it is off-topic.

K THX BYE

Nothin' but love for ya, MacGuru.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Aug 6, 2001, 02:59 PM

Ca$h.. or is it Broke?

I assume you left out the pick-up truck part on purpose. That's fine you hate those things. But your lack of any sort of decent educational background is blindingly obvious. Its really sad that you and others have absolutely no sense of historical perspective about this country. Going through a demographic break up of the US you quickly find that at one point or another each ethnic group was considered a sort of cancer to this country because of the same arguments you are putting forth.

Truth is this is a country of immigrants and will always continue to be. I am tired of having to reiterate the points to illustrate this but I highly doubt you or anyone else on this board is a pure white Protestant. The situation that actually exists in the US is that most people quickly lost touch with any cultural identity that their immigrant families may have once had. So a lot of people kid themselves about what and who they are. I know plenty of people who after some research find out that their surnames where modified three or four generations back so the future bloodline could sound Americanized. Mueller to Miller may not seem like a big jump but the image it conveys is pretty clear. Anyway this is all academic...

So Ca$h, you stupid uneducated sloth who will never amount to more than middle management in his career.... why dont you come clean and tell us what your parents background is so that it can be held up to the scrutiny of how your ethnicity was prob discriminated against in the past 100 years. I think its funny how you can't come up with any sort of intelligent argument as to why the current immigration trend is worse than other ones in this country's history.

And to address other points.... they do pay taxes. Being involved in politics or in business you find out real fast that money is more important that obeying the law to most people. Many employers find "documentation" to allow illegal immigrants to work in the US. The taxes get taken out of those paychecks the same as yours. Only difference is that they aren't going to get refunds at the end of the year since its completely bogus social security numbers they are using. And to burst other people's bubbles... who exactly is going to work for the wages that the economy provides to do the jobs immigrants currently hold? You? Your kids? Hell no, we'd laugh at getting paid those wages. So unless you can find a suitable solution to who would take those jobs without subsidized wages you are really stuck with the current immigration policy of the country. This is why GW is for allowing a legal workforce of migrant workers to enter the country, it makes sense where it counts... everyone's wallets. How ironic that I am more pro-immigrantoin than some of you Democrats.

Finally, FYI Vincent Fox is more Irish than Mexican and a probusiness conservative..

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Captain Obvious ]

gwrjr33
Senior User
Aug 6, 2001, 03:08 PM

Originally posted by The Dude:

<STRONG>Heh, I bet in 50-60 years, Mexicans (and even South Americans of sorts) along with other nationalites will be running this country.</STRONG>
Yep. Look at where we were 150 years ago. I wonder how many back then could foresee the day when Congress would be lousy with the decendants of Irish and Italian immigrants.

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:

<STRONG>Yes, Dems suck. But you are an idiot and sadly one of those people who help explain why Nascar, country music, pickup trucks and the WWF are so popular.</STRONG>
What's wrong with pickup trucks? I don't have one but often wish I did. They can be awfully handy. In fact, the only reason I don't have one is because of all the "popularity" I'm sure I would suddenly have after getting one. Also, this kind of cultural snobbery wears awfully thin. I'm not a big fan of Nascar or country music either but people like what they like. Just because someone likes this stuff a lot more than I do that doesn't make them inferior to me. I do hate the WWF but if someone else does likes it, all I ask is that they not bother me with their enthusiasms.

Originally posted by groverat:

<STRONG>... try meeting a few immigrants and still seeing if you give them the same regard as animals.</STRONG>
Hear, hear. I don't care how poor they are. If they come to America to fight for a better life, there's a whole lot of native born Americans that I'll gladly trade straight up for them.

Kozmik
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 6, 2001, 03:23 PM

I actually agree with Ca$h on this one. What the hell is the point of the border patrol if we're trying to help illegal immigrants? I am usually pretty liberal, but why should illegal immigrants get jobs and whatnot, when people who come into this country legitimately try very hard and wait a long time to become citizens? It's not right. Put up some freaking electric fences or something. The people coming into the country illegally know the border patrol is a joke, which is why there are so many illegal immigrants. And I hear about people trying to set up programs to help illegal immigrants get work? What about the actual CITIZENS of this country? How about you help the people that were laid off from tech companies get work?

*End of rant*
<A HREF="http://www.macnet2.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi" TARGET=_blank>
MacNet v2 Forums</A>

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2001, 03:34 PM

If they come to America to fight for a better life
IF they come in search of a better life GREAT! But from my Observations from several areas in South USA there are a LOT of people coming over the border to take advantage of free healthcare and then leaving. And THAT is WRONG.

Mac Guru

Codename
Banned
Aug 6, 2001, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by Mac Guru:
<STRONG>

IF they come in search of a better life GREAT! But from my Observations from several areas in South USA there are a LOT of people coming over the border to take advantage of free healthcare and then leaving. And THAT is WRONG.

Mac Guru</STRONG>

You're right. Once they come into this country, they should not be allowed to leave.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2001, 04:47 PM

My take on it is that most of us wouldn't be in the US if it weren't for an open immigration policy and the only reason not to have open borders is racism.

After all, if someone is not bringing drugs into the country, and they are willing to work hard for a living, they should be here! And from my experience, anyone willing to risk their life for the freedom to take some of the jobs that none of us lazy Americans want, but need to be done, more power to them.
[/LIST]
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Aug 6, 2001, 05:14 PM

How about you help the people that were laid off from tech companies get work?[/QB]
Hey I hear there is some positions in Georgia plucking chickens and picking oranges or how about maid service over at the Holiday Inn off I-90? ... I can email you a link if you want. No? Didn't think so.

That's the problem smart guy... Everyone who is here thinks that they are too good and too qualified to do that sort of work. (although their great grandparents prob weren't) So the problem is not there aren't jobs, its that the jobs people want to do are not there. So if you feel that those jobs are beyond you then don't complain about someone else taking them. The economy won't support raising the minimum wage high enough for most Americans to take those jobs and if it was raised more people would be out of work because too many small businesses could not afford to pay it out. Think about the big picture and how a Market Economy works before you speak.

I somehow I don't think Greenspan has found a direct correlation between border jumpers and failing dot coms.

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2001, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by gwrjr33:

Hear, hear. I don't care how poor they are. If they come to America to fight for a better life, there's a whole lot of native born Americans that I'll gladly trade straight up for them.
True. Worth highlighting.

T

MikeM32
Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
Aug 6, 2001, 06:25 PM

Hey imagine if the realnative americans actually had machine gun nests offshore when the pilgrims arrived

That'd mean your white @$$ wouldn't even be here.

Mike

cashsixT8  (op)
Banned
Aug 6, 2001, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by Rampage:
<STRONG>cash, do you want to just sit in america for eternity and be pleased with your little self? Or do you want to see the rest of the less-developed world enjoy what America has to offer. They are people just like you, you know. Probably a lot of them are much smarter than you, too.[/LIST]</STRONG>

Do I feel that I should have to pay for this watering station? Nope. Do I feel that I should have to pay for their school? Nope. Do I feel that I should have to pay a god damn dime to someone who isnt from this country? NOPE.

Ya know, a good deed CEASES to be a good deed when it is FORCED upon you. Ex: Giving some change to santa is nice, getting held up by governmental officials and shaking the change outta your pockets to santa is NOT nice.

- Ca$h

cashsixT8  (op)
Banned
Aug 6, 2001, 08:01 PM

Wasn't cash already banned a few months ago? I think it's about time he be banned again.

1. Is cash a troll?
Yes, he is.

Do I post interesting topics that people respond to? Why yes I do, thank you very much. Without me, this place was LAME. At least now you have something to dicuss (argue, whatever).

2. Does cash contribute ANYTHING of substance to ANY forum at MacNN?
No, he does not.

I'd like to think so. I've posted art, poetry, writing, interesting snippets of my life, and all sorts of topics that have recieved over 200 replies. What have you done? Oh wait. Guess you've done JACK **** in comparison.

3. Does cash annoy people?
Yes, he does.

Disagree. A lot of people like what I have to say. And even if you DONT like me, you still always read what I post. So you secretly enjoy my posts.

4. Is cash immature?
Yes, he is.

Thats an opinion. I'm very mature about some things, others, not so mature. In any event, I feel that I should be as immature as possible right now, because I have my whole LIFE ahead of me to be mature.

5. Is cash arrogant?
Yes, he is.

Another opinion.

6. Does cash appear to believe in white supremacy?

Where the F U C K have I ever said anything REMOTELY like this?! The fact that I don't want ILLEGAL (read AGAINST THE MOTHER****ING LAW) immigrants in this country has absolutely NOTHING to do with race. NOTHING. Hell, there are quite a few people in mexico that are WHITE! And guess what? They should be mowed down for running the border too! This pisses me off when you stupid ass liberals call me a 'redneck' or 'racist' for having something called "logic" and "reasoning". I've stated this before, as long as you arent' trash, you're probably my friend. My boss, and basically a second father, is japanese. My best friend is from nepal. I have mexican friends, black friends, any damn race you can think of. Race has NEVER mattered to me... what &gt;HAS&lt; mattered has been class. I do NOT like people who are into lowriders, fubu, and ghetto rap crap. Racist? no. Classist? Maybe.

The ONLY type of people I'm prejudiced against are DUMBF*CKS like you who accuse people of being racist.

- Ca$h

Kozmik
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 6, 2001, 08:02 PM

He's got a point there.
<A HREF="http://www.macnet2.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi" TARGET=_blank>
MacNet v2 Forums</A>

cashsixT8  (op)
Banned
Aug 6, 2001, 08:03 PM

<STRONG>

Because he's a biggoted racist Republican who is succeeding on strengthening my justifications for being a Democrat.</STRONG>
And considering the fact that I'm not biggoted, nor racist, nor republican, you merely strengthen my theory of DEMOCRATS ARE ****ING RETARDS.

- Ca$h

Forum Links
Forum Rules