Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Hooray. Now we have our own (mini) Trump

Hooray. Now we have our own (mini) Trump
Doc HM
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2019, 12:04 PM

A man who literally ten seconds after the organiser of his election mentioned the 16 stump meetings that had been attended, mentioned the 20 stump meetings that he had been too.

A man that forgot the 43 million £ of public money that was spared on his vanity (unbuilt bridge) that didn't cost any public money.

A man who claimed that the EU hates our kippers when it was HIS OWN GOVERNMENT that brought in packing laws.

A man that "forgot:" that he had had an affair when his boss (the leader of the tory party) asked him directly about it.

A man who describes people as "letterboxes or pikanninies

Please. Feel free to smugly mock us now.
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

P
Jul 23, 2019, 12:34 PM

Have you played XCOM? If you haven’t, it’s about a force fighting back against an alien invasion, receiving money from various governments around the world. If you don’t respond to threats against a certain state, that country will become covered by a sort of black cloud and stop contributing to you. If you start to fail, country after country will abandon you, reducing your income step by step, cutting your chances of surviving.

That is exactly what this world is feeling like right now.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

andi*pandi
Jul 23, 2019, 01:55 PM

Our sincerest apologies for our contributions to the fall of Western Civilization.

Doc HM  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2019, 02:12 PM

Did I really just hear Trump say
“They call him Britain Trump. Britain Trump in speakwords”

Class.
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

andi*pandi
Jul 23, 2019, 02:22 PM

motor faculties, while never great, are definitely in decline.

OreoCookie
Jul 23, 2019, 11:52 PM

Ugh, bummer, but it was predictable. IMHO Johnson played his cards “right”: he avoided the blame by stepping aside three years ago and give the shirt sandwich to Theresa May. And now when everything has gone down the drain already, he'll be on top and he can pretend to be the victim of the nefarious EU and Theresa May's incompetence. But I have to ask: now what?

On the other hand, what is happening now reminds me of House of Cards when Frank Underwood became President — but he didn't know what to do with the Presidency. Johnson lacks any political convictions and I think similarly to Trump, that he won't actually be that effective at building something. The flipside of the coin is that he might be as effective as Trump at corroding the UK and its relation to other countries from the inside.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules