Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Installation of 10.3.4?

Installation of 10.3.4?
Beerman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 14, 2004, 09:06 AM

In previous posts, I have seen where people have either not installed the 10.3.4 update from Apple, or have and endured problems with Bluetoooth, etc. Having just received my 12" rev. C, I have not yet installed this due to these concerns.

At this point, what are most people doing out there? Do I risk having problems, or should I consider most of these posts as isolated instances? Bluetooth is not a major deal at this point as I am not using it, but I don't want to install an "upgrade" that knocks out another part of my overall system.

Thanks!

dodo_nutter
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 14, 2004, 04:08 PM

i heard the rumors about it affecting BT and AP reception and i use AP a lot so decided not to install it just yet. Going to wait a while until i hear something different or i just get up the courage!!!
Soon we'll be out, amid the cold worlds strife,
Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life

iomatic
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2004, 04:34 PM

Problems? What problems. Things are peachy for me (Sony Ericsson T616, two different wireless access points). In fact, it appears better all around.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2004, 05:10 PM

Apple is pretty good about listening to complaints and fixing them, I wouldn't worry too much on the issue you guys are mentioning but if it helps, I'm all updated and everything is "peachy."
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

tekno_geek911
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 14, 2004, 06:23 PM

If you are using 10.3.3 I would stick with it if you play games,the 10.3.4 update made my games run like crap.
::12" PowerBook G4 | 1.33GHz | 1.25GB | 60GB | APX | OS X 10.4.1::
::30GB iPod Photo::

dodo_nutter
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 14, 2004, 07:30 PM

yeah sorry forgot bout that...the graphics problems were the main reason i didnt upgrade cos i play a lot of games so didnt wana downgrade performance!

Im assuming it was the graphics drivers that were the problem
Soon we'll be out, amid the cold worlds strife,
Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life

spatterson
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2004, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by Beerman:
In previous posts, I have seen where people have either not installed the 10.3.4 update from Apple, or have and endured problems with Bluetoooth, etc.
I've only recieved problems with BT upon installing... Just like 10.3.1 I have to turn it on and off... No biggie

Also this thread should have been posted in Mac OS X forum... it would yield much better results...

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2004, 08:09 PM

No problems here after updating on 2 PBs. We repaired permissions and restarted before and after the update.

Forum Links
Forum Rules