Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3

Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3
Ozz_man
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 5, 2008, 08:47 AM

Okay, so I picked up this game yesterday and so far it seems to live up to it's hype, except when I pick up an item it says choose it with L1 and equip it with R1. These 2 buttons are useless and nothing happens. What am I missing here? I can't use any of my grenades or cardboard box to hide under lol. All the other buttons do what they say and I can toggle my compass (eye).

highstakes
Senior User
Jul 5, 2008, 12:39 PM

Sometimes when you get a new item/weapon, you will manually have to put them on your inventory from the item/weapon menu (pressing start bring up this menu). As for grenades, L1 is to aim the grenade and R1 is to throw it.

Ozz_man  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 6, 2008, 09:48 AM

No wonder! Now I have to go back and find my box and drum, or start over .

NateB
Jul 6, 2008, 12:32 PM

Yeah, one of my friends might get me this game for my birthday. Or at least they say they will, I doubt it though ; I'll have to buy it myself. Sounds like a good game.

Ozz_man  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 7, 2008, 07:00 PM

Mixed emotions about the game. Its good but theres parts that I don't care much for, I bought the guide but it still don't help much. Confuses me sometimes even. This is the first MGS I have played though

sogbrightlight
Forum Regular
Jul 8, 2008, 01:59 AM

LOL seriously? The game is easy. To get all the stuff is not though. But the game itself is not all that difficult.
Bla Bla Bla

Ozz_man  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by sogbrightlight View Post
LOL seriously? The game is easy. To get all the stuff is not though. But the game itself is not all that difficult.
I never claimed the game was hard, just a bunch of sneaking around. But it's tricky when your used to games that automatically pick things up as you run cross them. This game explains what you found etc. and makes it look like you have acquired it, only to find out later you are empty when you go to use it

Aussiemac
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2008, 02:36 PM

Got his game 2 days ago & I love it
Aussiemac
iMac 21.5"-2.4GHz i5, 15"-2.66 i7 MacBook Pro, iMac Bondi G3/233 (still working), HTC Desire, Golf V GTI DSG

NYK Ace
Senior User
Jul 19, 2008, 01:57 PM

i actually picked it up last week and i also love it - im trying not to play through it too fast so i can enjoy it longer

Forum Links
Forum Rules