Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Apple have the BEST customer service

Apple have the BEST customer service
yongfook
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2002, 09:16 AM

Sorry to start another thread about this, but I thought it was noteworthy.

Some of you may know that I recently sent my iBook in for repair. The backlight broke, and also the hinge was creaky. I sent the iBook off 3 days ago, and today (the 4th day) it has come back to me.

At first, I thought they had just sent it back, unfixed as there was some sort of problem. I mean, it was just too quick...

Imagine my surprise to find that it had been FIXED (both problems).

AppleCare have proven to me that their extended plan is VERY MUCH worth investing in (when I can scrape together the money), not because I expect defects in the future, but because they have proven themselves to be an excellent, no quibbles service.

Apple, I applaude you.

mmmmmm lovely smooth hinge....
http://www.yongfook.com

Woggle
Mar 8, 2002, 01:32 PM

Apple can fix things incredibly fast, as I found on when the CD controller died on my iBook Rev A within the warranty period. Less than a week for it to go out and be repaired, and knock on wood, no problems since then.
Woggle
'I will not be pushed, filed, indexed, stamped, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.'-- No. 6

Zack
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2002, 01:50 PM

when i brought my ibook in to the apple store at valley fair with the horrible screach hinge they said it was a known problem but was non fixable and that if they gave me 30 they would all have the same problem...great product huh...despite telling them about everyone on these forums who got their books fixed from apple care he said it was a non issue...jerks

vvedge
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2002, 05:00 PM

i think i speak for myself and many many others when we respectfully disagree with your opinion of Apple's tech monkeys...
--whats this button do?

Goodbye koobi
... we had fun, but Apple Repair and the years have not been kind to you... godspeed...

yongfook  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2002, 07:36 PM

i agree too now.

2 hours into use, the backlight conked out again. I have a f**king dissertation to start writing next week and I really need my laptop to bring into the library.

Apple are apparently going to make mine a 'top priority'. I just hope they fix it properly this time.

oh and I checked underneath - one of the rubber feet is missing! do they have some sort of game where they keep one back, in a 'chalked planes on side of fighter jet' stylee??
http://www.yongfook.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules