Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Watercolor

Watercolor
fireside
Professional Poster
Apr 3, 2004, 11:19 PM

yo, any idea on when this theme might be completed? i'm really looking forward to it Carbon. one of my favorite themes.

mac15
Senior User
Apr 3, 2004, 11:48 PM

Carbon is semi-retired. I hope he find time to pick it up. Itsa kickass them!

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2004, 12:19 AM

He should get an official Panther updater for it if not.
click one

fireside  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2004, 01:03 AM

yeah, i didn't mean the whole new revision, i just want the original updated for panther. i tried to install the old one but it didn't really work out.

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 4, 2004, 01:25 AM

I was only able to use Watercolor for the last 3 days I had Jag. Very often I lay awake at night thinking of all the time I wasted using aqua...

solidfox
Apr 4, 2004, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by mac15:
Carbon is semi-retired. I hope he find time to pick it up. Itsa kickass them!
Carbon is retired?! Now I'm getting depressed...I want silvia made.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2004, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by Caesar2099:
I was only able to use Watercolor for the last 3 days I had Jag. Very often I lay awake at night thinking of all the time I wasted using aqua...
Same here, I didn't try it until late in Jag.
click one

FB Eye
Senior User
Apr 5, 2004, 08:55 AM

I've spoke with Carbon last week...

He is working on a Panther-friendly Watercolor, but don't expect anything before May... That's all I can say

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2004, 09:03 AM

Originally posted by FB Eye:
I've spoke with Carbon last week...

He is working on a Panther-friendly Watercolor, but don't expect anything before May... That's all I can say
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

mac15
Senior User
Apr 5, 2004, 09:43 AM

Carbons got too many themes on the back burner WaterColour, Classix (original version), Silvia and my favourite remember Meteora

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2004, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by mac15:
Carbons got too many themes on the back burner WaterColour, Classix (original version), Silvia and my favourite remember Meteora
I almost forgot about most of those.
click one

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2004, 08:23 PM

You could always switch to Windows and use Watercolor there I heard the themer did a really good job

Chris

Jaey
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2004, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by kmkkid:
You could always switch to Windows and use Watercolor there I heard the themer did a really good job
Really? I hear it was awful.

I'm not really sure what I mean by that.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2004, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by Jaey:
Really? I hear it was awful.

I'm not really sure what I mean by that.

Oh no you di'int

and so forth.

Chris

k.mo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2004, 09:09 PM

Binary's (err...that guy up there^) looks way too much like XP/Classic for my taste , and the port from Jag by Susumu is fugly (fugly fonts), but a mod called method is good

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2004, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by k.mo:
Binary's looks way too much like XP/Classic for my taste, and the port from Jag (by Susumu) is fugly (fugly fonts)

Watercolor is meant to be classic feeling, it is a windows theme remember . I actually disliked what carbon did to it, but to each their own.

Oh, and I am Binary And I was just joking about switching, before anyone flames me on that Just plugging my skin where I can

Chris

k.mo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2004, 09:28 PM

Watercolor is meant to be classic feeling, it is a windows theme remember .
Chris
But...mac emualtion...Aqua-Soft...doh!...

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2004, 09:34 PM

Watercolor is meant to be classic feeling, it is a windows theme remember . I actually disliked what carbon did to it, but to each their own.
Chris
I don't like the new widgets he is going to use for the new version, I hope he does the old ones as a graphite variation. Only the miniaml windows themes seem to be any good, and I think carbon did a good job.
click one

CarbonG4
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 6, 2004, 12:14 AM

...I actually disliked what carbon did to it, but to each their own...
Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
...I don't like the new widgets he is going to use for the new version, I hope he does the old ones as a graphite variation. Only the miniaml windows themes seem to be any good, and I think carbon did a good job...

What I did to it? It's a pretty straight forward port... maybe you are referring to the Brushed Metal teaser up on my site, I'm not going that direction anymore. Besides, that would've just been for Textured apps. I had to come up w/ something original for the textured apps because it is an interface that can't be ported because it doesn't exist in Windows. Anyway, I don't feel like posting anything but the new brushed metal look is completed and should be viewed as a nice change from the Jaguar version w/ the "plastic" feel to the textured apps.

I will be maintaining both a Classic version of the theme and a Remix version. The Classic version will be the one closest to the original Windows version while the Remix version will have a fairly subtle change to the widgets, titlebar fade, and apple menu to make it a bit more appealing to the Mac user base.

//Carbon

:: Carbon Themes v1.5 ::

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Apr 6, 2004, 12:32 AM

Originally posted by CarbonG4:
What I did to it? It's a pretty straight forward port... maybe you are referring to the Brushed Metal teaser up on my site, I'm not going that direction anymore. Besides, that would've just been for Textured apps. I had to come up w/ something original for the textured apps because it is an interface that can't be ported because it doesn't exist in Windows. Anyway, I don't feel like posting anything but the new brushed metal look is completed and should be viewed as a nice change from the Jaguar version w/ the "plastic" feel to the textured apps.

I will be maintaining both a Classic version of the theme and a Remix version. The Classic version will be the one closest to the original Windows version while the Remix version will have a fairly subtle change to the widgets, titlebar fade, and apple menu to make it a bit more appealing to the Mac user base.

//Carbon
I just didnt like the way you flattened out the buttons and scroll shaft etc... But like I said, to each their own

Chris

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Apr 6, 2004, 01:07 AM

Originally posted by CarbonG4:

//Carbon
Nice. Got an ETA on it? I know you're a busy guy, but I've been looking forward to it for a good long time.
click one

mac15
Senior User
Apr 6, 2004, 05:28 AM

I'll have something that will fill the void of WaterColour and its gonna be released quicker than I expected Hold on guys

Forum Links
Forum Rules