Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Wifi PCI card in DAG4

Wifi PCI card in DAG4
spork
Mar 23, 2006, 07:14 AM

Hello all,
anybody try this card in a g4 tower. I saw a good deal on one and it would help out quite a bit, but don't know anything about the card. I checked the manufacturer's site and it looks good to go, but always good to hear from other users.

http://www.macwireless.com/html/prod...rds/11gPCI.php
thanks all,
Mac on
Mini Intel Core Duo 1.66, 1.5ram, super, 17" CRT Cinema Display, Intuos 3 tablet
G4 PB 1ghz 15", 60gb, 256ram, super, Wifi

mountainash
Forum Regular
Mar 29, 2006, 02:51 AM

Looks like it is a Broadcomm based card. This is the same chipset as the AirPort Extreme cards. It should just plug in the Pmac G4, and be recognised automatically by OSX 10.2.8 or higher as AirPort. I am using a similar card in my PMac DA, and OSX Tiger just treats it like an AirPort card.
Power Mac G4 Digital Audio 533MHz 1.5GiB RAM, 2x 80Gb ATA HDDs, 320Gb SATA HDD, Radeon 9650 256MiB, Airport Extreme compatible PCI card, Zip 250, Pioneer 110, Firewire DVD burner, 21" CRT, Harmon Kardon Apple Pro Speakers, OS X 10.4.6
Powerbook Pismo G3 400MHz, 768MiB RAM, 80Gb HDD, AirPort Extreme PC Card, Bluetooth 1.1, DVD-ROM, OS X 10.4.6, Ubuntu 5.10, MacOS 9.2.2
To buy: RAM for Pismo, CPU upgrades

Forum Links
Forum Rules