Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > any application for webripping?

any application for webripping?
thursdaythrice
Jan 24, 2007, 10:38 PM

i know you can easily do it on IE but i cant seem to find anything, not even on any browsers like firefox and stuff, anyone know?

thanks

cgc
Professional Poster
Jan 24, 2007, 11:22 PM

I use the command line "wget" Do a search on MacUpdate and you get a couple: MacUpdate: Search MacWorld posted an article about wget and DeepVacuum: Macworld: Mac 911: Getting Websites With wget

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2007, 11:23 PM

What is webripping? Downloading a site? If so, wget...

megasad
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2007, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by thursdaythrice View Post
i know you can easily do it on IE but i cant seem to find anything, not even on any browsers like firefox and stuff, anyone know?
If you simply want one page and all its associated files, save as a Web Archive using Safari and then de-compress the file it creates using WebArchive Folderizer.

If you want a whole site, or at least many pages at a time, use SiteSucker.
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

thursdaythrice  (op)
Jan 25, 2007, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by megasad View Post
If you simply want one page and all its associated files, save as a Web Archive using Safari and then de-compress the file it creates using WebArchive Folderizer.

If you want a whole site, or at least many pages at a time, use SiteSucker.
i was just wanting to webrip a song?

megasad
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by thursdaythrice View Post
i was just wanting to webrip a song?
Do you have a link to the page? If it's an embedded MP3 or WAV file, go to the Window -> Activity menu and look for such a file and then simply double-click and save it.

If it is part of a Flash file however, and you want it as an MP3 or the like, use Audio Hijack to record any sounds your Mac is making.
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

Forum Links
Forum Rules