Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Hey guys check out this crazy Apple System

Hey guys check out this crazy Apple System
Burpethead
Nov 30, 2001, 10:37 PM

I have it in my closet still to this day and dont know what the freak it is! Found on ebay...
null

Cobra Commander
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2001, 11:55 PM

Originally posted by Burpethead:
<STRONG>I have it in my closet still to this day and dont know what the freak it is! Found on ebay...
null</STRONG>
I think it was an experimental set top box for interactive TV. I think it was based around a modified LC motherboard.

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2001, 02:58 AM

mac.com isn't letting me in, but I might know what you're talking about. (Here comes a long shot...) If any of you were at MWNY 1999, one booth kinda in the middle of the right half had a mysterious piece of Apple hardware. It was shaped sort of like a Quadra 660av, but was black and didn't have any drives on the front. I don't remember what jacks/ports it had on the back, but they didn't tip me off as to what the product was. Is this what you have?
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

Cipher13
Dec 1, 2001, 04:12 AM

Originally posted by Fyre4ce:
<STRONG>mac.com isn't letting me in, but I might know what you're talking about. (Here comes a long shot...) If any of you were at MWNY 1999, one booth kinda in the middle of the right half had a mysterious piece of Apple hardware. It was shaped sort of like a Quadra 660av, but was black and didn't have any drives on the front. I don't remember what jacks/ports it had on the back, but they didn't tip me off as to what the product was. Is this what you have?</STRONG>
That is probably a MacTV, if it's shaped like that.
Though the TV had drives...

Burpethead  (op)
Dec 1, 2001, 07:23 PM

Ya, i thought it was for interactive tv, i cant get it to do anything though, it will pass the cable tv signal through its Rg-56 ports, but thats it. maybe its cause its not FCC approved..heh

<Mac The Fork>
Dec 1, 2001, 07:58 PM

Mmm, a 68LC040...

a holck
Senior User
Dec 1, 2001, 08:00 PM

The two "do not remove" ports are the european scart connector, featured on almost all a/v equiptment in europe.
It carries composite, RGB, and y/c video, audio, and 16/9 format change, both in and out.

Must be somthing they prepared for the european market.

cutterjohn
Forum Regular
Dec 2, 2001, 03:48 AM

was it the game system thingy that Apple was making way back when? or a prototype fo it...

Pippin, I think?

Forum Links
Forum Rules