Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Traveling to Cancun w/ibook any way to use the net?

Traveling to Cancun w/ibook any way to use the net?
Hobbit_Boy
Feb 25, 2001, 10:51 PM

Are there any free ISP's I can use in Cancun that work with my ibook? Anyone know of any way to get on the net down there for free?

wolfgang rockbus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2001, 11:32 PM

Hello,

I just came back from that region the beginning of this month. I didn't have a laptop with me, so any internet connections I had were limited to sitting at a lousy box in a village internet cafe (they are around - no problem finding them near any shopping). The dude beside me just pranced in with his own notebook and they hooked him up.

Might take a few seconds the first time to get set up, but should be fine after that..

Enjoy Mexico.

Wolf
PowerMac G5 1.8
PowerMac Dual 1 GHz
12" Powerbook BTO

Hobbit_Boy  (op)
Feb 25, 2001, 11:53 PM

So they have internet cafe type things? Thats a relief. Im taking my digital camera down there and I would like to be able to upload them onto my geocities account. Besides, Id like to be able to use my AIM software and talk to my buddies here and brag about my awesome trip.

So they will allow you to connect your own computer at these internet cafes? Just want to make sure so I don't go in there and find out otherwise...but thanks very much for the info!

fmalloy
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2001, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by Hobbit_Boy:
Are there any free ISP's I can use in Cancun that work with my ibook? Anyone know of any way to get on the net down there for free?
You're going to Cancun and are concerned about how you can get on the net?

If it was me my biggest concern would be my next tequila

vega24
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2001, 06:46 PM

You're going to Cancun and are concerned about how you can get on the net?

If it was me my biggest concern would be my next tequila
I hear ya!!!

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, FLOOR!!!

[This message has been edited by vega24 (edited 02-26-2001).]

Rave
Mar 5, 2001, 04:10 PM

Have you considered a month free AOL subscription? I'm not sure about access numbers, though. I'd head over to AOL's web site and see if you can find a local access number for Cancun.
I don't use dial up (I have Road Runner at the house) but my wife's ATT account came in handy when we were in California this past week. If any one is going to have a dial up in cancun it's probably AOL.

ibr80
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 5, 2001, 11:21 PM

I hear ya fmalloy! You grab your shot of tequila and you say as the spanish do.. Para ariba, para abajo, para el centro, y para dentro!

Forum Links
Forum Rules