Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Baldur's Gate on a rev B iMac...

Baldur's Gate on a rev B iMac...
Rave
Jul 25, 2000, 11:13 AM

How is it? (160 Megs RAM in my machine BTW) I ordered my copy from Outpost last night, and am being very impatient!

Peace

Rave  (op)
Jul 25, 2000, 11:35 AM

Hate to reply first to my own post but...Baldur's Gate just arrived here so I'll let you know how it is in a few hours .
I'm still quite suprised! I ordered this thing at nine last night! Oh well, I certainly won't complain because my order got here too *fast*!

Peace

Toad
Jul 30, 2000, 12:45 AM

OK, sorta off-topic but...

Is Baulder's Gate a good game for the Mac? I've considered getting it but I want to play a demo version first.

Does anyone know where I can download a demo version?

Thanks,

Toad

Wetsponge
Jul 31, 2000, 12:33 PM

I'm running baldur on a Rev C iMac with 160 megs o' whopping ram, and it runs just fine.

will4567
Aug 10, 2000, 08:32 AM

I'm running Baldur's on a 233 Powerbook. The game runs slowly, but is playable. Two annoyances - hard to control the cursor, and frequent crashes. The game crashes even with minimal extensions running, and always when something interesting happens. Save often!

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2000, 02:33 PM

I'm running on a Rev C iMac with 96MB of RAM. The game crashes all the time. It's gotten unfun to play. I'll do one more round of extensions t'shooting based on some info I read at MacFixIt forums. If that does not work I'll return it for a refund.

Dev-Em
Aug 23, 2000, 04:00 PM

I've been running it for the past few weeks without problem on my Beige G3 300 (128 MB RAM).

I use a minimal extension set and I have all the effects (weather, transparent shadows) turned on. The character walking is a bit slow, but otherwise I love the game.

Toad: as for a demo, I'm unaware of one. I think GraphSim is too busy with multi-player to create one. But if you like D&D role playing, I think you'll enjoy BG. It's very faithful to the rules.

Dev

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2000, 12:41 PM

UUUUggghhhh!

So I was cutting down on the extensions and some how hosed my OS. In the end I had to do a clean install. What a mess. As soon as things are fully running again I'll take another stabe at the extension and BG.

I'm about ready to send it back for a refund. I sent email to the online store I bouth from and Graphsim to see how to get a refund. Strange that they haven't replied to my email?

proux
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2000, 02:29 PM

It is working great on my iBook SE 128 megs, full extension set with VM on.
Not a single crash, runs fast enough although the cursor is sometimes a little hard to control with the trackpad.

Great fun, good luck!

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Aug 25, 2000, 01:36 PM

From what I've read here and at MacFixIt it seems that 128 MB of RAM is the sweet spot for this game. Graphsim should state that 128 is the minimum memory to run the game NOT 64 MB.

Forum Links
Forum Rules