Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Sherlock and plug-ins.

Sherlock and plug-ins.
marc riede
Dec 24, 2000, 01:14 AM

Every time I add more plug-ins to Sherlock2, restart and then re-open, it goes apeshit: Looks like Virex scanning, then Stuffit unstuffing, but it�s too rapid fire to be sure; one after the other. Could this be the system putting them all in place?

Then I get this sign saying a network connection error's occured: it won�t make the connection. [Once I�m online, it searches though].

It�s always done this. Does it have to? Any help appreciated.

marc.

[This message has been edited by marc riede (edited 12-24-2000).]

sailor41
Dec 26, 2000, 01:40 PM

Not sure about Sherlock1, but on Sherlock2 read on.

I had a similar problem after installing other plug-ins and wanted to return to the "installed factory set" only. I had no problems with the installed factory set except for the occasional network error you describe. I used the same attitude in installing plugins that you might in installing extensions or scripts. I think they are mini programs and if not done right will give undesirable results.
After returning to the original set I would try installing a few at a time to test usefulness and other Sherlock effects.

To return to original Sherlock settings -
Remove Sherlock pref file

In system folder/internet search sites you will find the plugins, remove them.

Then launch Sherlock while on line and it will look for the original plugins and install them.

Test Sherlock and see if it still goes AS.

zoopsia215
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2001, 08:19 PM

Yeah, I really liked the flexibilty and the development that use to go into Sherlock plug-ins and now they are to the best of my knowledge not compatible wis Sherlock 2 or there are rare sites that are Sherlock searchable. I think there was this site called "MAc Doughnuts, " but I am not sure if there are any plug in resource sites for Sherlock 2. There is a "my channel" feature, but I do not know how it actually works, perhaps the help will do for me?

Forum Links
Forum Rules