Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Questions about 23" Cinema Display

Questions about 23" Cinema Display
Tim Kosch
Jul 5, 2004, 06:11 PM

I ordered a 23" Cinema Display last week to use with my dual G5 and Alienware PC and have a couple of questions...

1. Did anyone take photos of the new 23" displays at the WWDC? There are many good pictures of the 30" displays, but not really of the 23".

2. I looked at all the specs I could find but don't see the actual screen dimensions of the 23" display LCD. Is it approximately 12" by 19"? How wide is the bezel?

3. I ordered my display through Apple along with an Airport Express. Does anyone expect to see it arrive before 7/28/04? I called a few places, like GovConnection and MacMall, to see when they thought they would have them available. I had answers of about 6 to 10 days (which I assumed were business days).

Thanks for any info/help.

Tim

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2004, 07:44 PM

1) They look exactly the same.

2) Always go to the source. It's 21.1 inches wide and 17.7 inches tall.

3) Since you ordered through Apple, go to the online store and check your order status there.

Chris

Tim Kosch  (op)
Jul 5, 2004, 08:14 PM

Originally posted by chabig:
1) They look exactly the same.

2) Always go to the source. It's 21.1 inches wide and 17.7 inches tall.

3) Since you ordered through Apple, go to the online store and check your order status there.

Chris
I usually ignore all the stupid comments, flame wars, etc. you but your response was totally worthless.

As for #1...I wanted to see the 23" monitor in relationship to the G5 tower, etc. I know they look the same. I saw the WWDC pictures, keynote address, etc...

As for #2...Like I said I looked at the specs on that page. Those measurements are for the 23" in general not the screen like I asked. And yes I know is it 23" viewable measured diagonally. I wanted to know the height and width of the actual screen and the size of the bezel

As for #3...I know what my order status of "on or before 7/28/04" means/indicates. I was curious if anyone who actually ordered from Apple thought they might see delivery of their new display before then.

Tim

echosphere
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 5, 2004, 09:06 PM

Ouch, someone needs a nap.....
I'm from the government and I'm here to help

Tim Kosch  (op)
Jul 5, 2004, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by echosphere:
Ouch, someone needs a nap.....
Wake me up when my new display and airport express come in and I will be happy.

Tim

DigitalDNA
Forum Regular
Jul 7, 2004, 07:56 PM

Good luck, no one seemed to be able to tell me what the bezel width was when i asked =)
"Wise man say: Number of posts does not equate credibility when you post 50 times to a single thread."

Forum Links
Forum Rules