Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Apple PowerBook G4 15" 1.67GHz

FS: Apple PowerBook G4 15" 1.67GHz
tripletaker
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 31, 2008, 10:19 PM

edit: This computer has been sold on eBay for $550.

I just got a new MacBook so I would like to sell my old PowerBook. I'm the original owner since 2006. I can include a original copy of Tiger also.

Specs:
1.67 GHz G4 processor.
15.2" monitor.
80GB original hard drive.
1.5 GB RAM (upgraded using Samsung RAM).
8x SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW).
128MB ATI video memory (BTOed when bought).
Original install/restore DVDs.
Extra battery.
Comes with original S-Video and DVI cable.
No Applecare.
I can include a RadTech screensavr if you want.

Important things you should know before buying:
There is a small dent on the left side of the monitor. It doesn't affect the performance. There is some wear where your right hand would go on the case.The latch is broken so it won't shut. The metal part that holds it is actually broken and the only way to fix it is to buy another bottom case. What I did was enable a terminal command (sudo pmset lidwake 0) so that the PB would sleep when the lid is closed but it won't constantly wake up because it's not shut all the way. So you have to click a keyboard key to wake it back up. Otherwise the computer is great and working fine.

Price:
On Mac2Sell this computer is priced at $770. Looking on eBay and previous transactions here on this site, and given the broken latch, I'll sell it for $710 paypaled and shipped. If no one buys it within a week or so I guess I'll put it on eBay. I'm flexible in price cause this site has helped me a lot so I'm willing to negotiate. =]

Pictures:

Wear on case.

Dent on side of monitor.

Overview of computer.
( Last edited by tripletaker; Feb 22, 2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Update on transaction)

acorder
Forum Regular
Feb 6, 2008, 11:50 PM

Am I correct in thinking that the Airport antennae are housed alongside the screen? And if so, does that dent affect reception perceptibly? Thanks!

tripletaker  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 6, 2008, 11:52 PM

Yeah the dent is exactly where the airport should be. I think it affected the reception a little, but not so much that it's unusable.

acorder
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2008, 01:40 PM

I wish I'd seen this two weeks ago. Oh well. In the meantime, how does one go about entering that terminal command, as I bought a PBG4 that also does not latch. Please pardon my idiocy at what is likely a very simple procedure. Cheers!

tripletaker  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2008, 01:50 PM

Open up Terminal.app (Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app). Copy and paste "sudo pmset lidwake 0". Enter your password and hit Return.

That's it.

No one's bought this yet. I will lower the price to $630.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 13, 2008, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by tripletaker View Post
Open up Terminal.app (Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app). Copy and paste "sudo pmset lidwake 0". Enter your password and hit Return.

That's it.

No one's bought this yet. I will lower the price to $630.
Whoa, that's awesome. Thanks!

acorder
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2008, 09:07 PM

Thanks for the tip. Also, I'm officially beating my head against the wall for buying the PB G4 off eBay before I saw your post. If I had the funds to swing it, I'd dump mine and get yours. Great price, and good luck with your sale!

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2008, 10:35 PM

You have a P.M.

Forum Links
Forum Rules