Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Can't log-on to 2 sites - help

Can't log-on to 2 sites - help
Lee33
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 17, 2011, 09:13 PM

I am running OS X - 10.6.8. Just recently I can not access two sites. One email and one bank. I can get to the home page to both sites but when I enter my user name and password the URL address changes in the address bar, the screen goes white and nothing happens. I am not very computer literate but tried clearing my Safari cache but it didn't help. I went into my cookies and deleted cookies to both sites thinking they my be corrupted. No help. Can anyone help me do something so I can get back onto these sites?

Thanks in advance

Lee
2 X 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 4.5GB RAM, 30" Cinema Display

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 17, 2011, 11:10 PM

Try a different browser like Chrome or Firefox. It may be Safari's fault.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Lee33  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2011, 12:13 AM

That did it. I got onto both sites using Firefox, Big Mac. I don't want to have to use Firefox just to get on those two sites, though. Any ideas on how to "fix" my Safari browser so it works on those sites again? It worked fine for three years so this problem is a recent situation.

Lee
2 X 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 4.5GB RAM, 30" Cinema Display

ibook_steve
Nov 18, 2011, 03:12 AM

Not much you can do. If they changed the site in a way that doesn't work with Safari, send email to them to complain or search for how to change the user agent of Safari to make it look like one of the other browsers that does work.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Forum Links
Forum Rules