Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 29-y-o pretends to be 12-y-o to have sex with 61, 43-y-o pedophiles. No minors harmed

29-y-o pretends to be 12-y-o to have sex with 61, 43-y-o pedophiles. No minors harmed
The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 12:08 AM

'12-year-old' is 29-year-old sex offender - CNN.com
A B C

A: Neil H. Rodreick II fooled two men he was having sex with into believing he was 12 years old, police say.
B: Robert James Snow, 43, was 'very upset' to learn his live-in sex partner was an adult, police said.
C: Lonnie Stiffler, 61, tried to enroll a person he called his grandson in a charter school, police allege.

Hollywood needs to make a movie out of this

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 12:10 AM

wtf?

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 12:13 AM

I swear Rupert Murdoch makes this **** up so the US news networks have something to go on about.

gargamel123
Jan 22, 2007, 12:14 AM

strange and sick. I hope they get what they deserve is coming to them. A good pounding in prison should set them straight.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 12:23 AM

Yep, those guys suck at life, especially that old chap.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2007, 12:26 AM

-t

flyordiedays
Jan 22, 2007, 12:26 AM

This is such a bizarre story. Hopefully all three will spend a long time in prison, where men of their caliber are popular for all the wrong reasons.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 12:30 AM

those dudes are going straight to hell

gargamel123
Jan 22, 2007, 12:31 AM

Which level

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2007, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
One would hope so.

-t

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by gargamel123 View Post
Which level
In Dante's conception of Hell, sodomites will wind up in circle seven: round three - The Violent Against God, Nature, and Art.
That's pretty close to the bottom. That's NOT a Good Thing™.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

gargamel123
Jan 22, 2007, 12:47 AM

I was just seeing who here has read dante. Probably one of the greatest books I have ever read. I guess that is why I read it in my world masterpieces class.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by gargamel123 View Post
I was just seeing who here has read dante. Probably one of the greatest books I have ever read. I guess that is why I read it in my world masterpieces class.
Probably a lot of us have read it at one time or another. I read Inferno in my undergraduate World Lit class and then took a graduate-level class on the whole Commedia last year. It's got some great stuff but there is SO much more that Dante wrote that no one ever knows about. Most of it doesn't even begin to compare to the Commedia in quality or substance but his earlier work provides lots of literaty antecedents for what comes later in the Commedia. If you want another great "masterpiece" that is in a similar vein to the Commedia, read The Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius. It's a nice, late-Roman/early-Christian pre-cursor to the Dantean concept of a reflective, personal examination of one's life facilitated by a dialogue with a religious "guide".
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

gargamel123
Jan 22, 2007, 12:57 AM

I'm just about finished reading a book now, Lab 257, and will need a new one to read and I will probably go with your suggestion. Thanks

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
I swear Rupert Murdoch makes this **** up so the US news networks have something to go on about.
Does he then give the story to his chief rivals, CNN?

And who will be the first to make a joke about the old dude being named Stiffler?
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 12:38 PM

Glancing at those mug shots suddenly made me think of the cast of Gilligan's Island. Even the old guy looks like a broke-ass version of Mr. Howell.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2007, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock View Post
wtf?
Seriously, WTF?

The guy looks at least 25.

P.S. What were the other guys jailed for? Fraud? There was no actual pedo going on (even though they thought there was).

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Jan 22, 2007, 12:51 PM

B-zarrrrrâ€Ĥ !

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 01:07 PM

Presumably those two older guys were conspiring to get this "12 year old" enrolled in a middle school, where he could lure other children. That is why they were arrested. Were is the barf smiley?

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 22, 2007, 01:16 PM

Presumably those two older guys were conspiring to get this "12 year old" enrolled in a middle school, where he could lure other children. That is why they were arrested. Were is the barf smiley?
Settle for a barfing pumpkin?

On topic: I'm also confused about what the allegations are.

Even more confusing...why would that guy want to have sex with old men?

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 04:57 PM

In addition to that, why would an old man be upset that he was banging a 29 year old, who even took the effort to shave his chest and disguise his wrinkles with makeup? For a geezer, that's a pretty big score.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 22, 2007, 05:03 PM

In addition to that, why would an old man be upset that he was banging a 29 year old, who even took the effort to shave his chest and disguise his wrinkles with makeup? For a geezer, that's a pretty big score.
The problem is that we're trying to understand child molesters. Unless anyone here is a NAMBLA member, I don't think any of us know what's going on inside of their heads.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
The problem is that we're trying to understand child molesters. Unless anyone here is a NAMBLA member, I don't think any of us know what's going on inside of their heads.
Is this the whole pedophile vs child molester debate again?

It's weird that the old guys were upset about having sex with an adult male but we're quite okay with having sex with a (supposed) juvenile, pre-sexual male. It's like the fact he was young and under-age was more important than the fact he was male. Would they have had a 12-year-old girl as a sex object or was there some bizarre combination of underage sexual attraction directed at those of the same sex? Does that make them child molesters or pedophiles or both?

(NOTE: I am NOT, NOT, NOT trying to subtly advance some claim that because it was male-to-male sexual encounters between the participants that there is some pre-disposition towards pedophilia and/or childhood sexual attraction from homosexual men. I believe firmly that is NOT the case here and in general.)

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 22, 2007, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post
Is this the whole pedophile vs child molester debate again?

It's weird that the old guys were upset about having sex with an adult male but we're quite okay with having sex with a (supposed) juvenile, pre-sexual male. It's like the fact he was young and under-age was more important than the fact he was male. Would they have had a 12-year-old girl as a sex object or was there some bizarre combination of underage sexual attraction directed at those of the same sex? Does that make them child molesters or pedophiles or both?

(NOTE: I am NOT, NOT, NOT trying to subtly advance some claim that because it was male-to-male sexual encounters between the participants that there is some pre-disposition towards pedophilia and/or childhood sexual attraction from homosexual men. I believe firmly that is NOT the case here and in general.)
You know, I wasn't even thinking about all that until I read your post.

I don't have the statistics, so I can't comment or form an opinion. If someone could pull up how many cases of pedophilia are man/boy and other related statistics, I might encourage that kind of a conversation. That said, I don't think anyone should throw out opinions unless we're given verifiable data.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 22, 2007, 05:24 PM

Eh...does he have any teeth?

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2007, 07:35 PM

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 22, 2007, 07:44 PM

Salty
Professional Poster
Jan 22, 2007, 07:53 PM

That is just bloody screwed up. Who tells the cops that they're mad that the person they were banging wasn't 12!?

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 10:05 PM

Wait, he TOLD the police about this??

Is this like the hooker who told police that the crack she bought wasn't good?

gofridge
Forum Regular
Jan 22, 2007, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
Uhhhh, this is an Associated Press story.

gofridge
Forum Regular
Jan 22, 2007, 10:55 PM

gofridge hates it when gofridge forgets to log out of gofridge's gofridge account before posting something like this.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by gofridge View Post
Uhhhh, this is an Associated Press story.
It was being covered on Fox when I first heard about it. And it was a joke.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2007, 11:16 PM

The Google Ads for this thread are pretty amusing.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 23, 2007, 01:03 AM

gofridge hates it when gofridge forgets to log out of gofridge's gofridge account before posting something like this.

-t

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 23, 2007, 01:22 AM

Jawbone is about to go nuts reading gofridge's posts. Jawbone thinks that is the point.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 23, 2007, 01:23 AM

31 Child Safety Topics
Buy family safety book - 127 kids, driving, home, & leisure topics

Free Parental Control
Be proactive, protect your children Free Service from Concerned Parent

gofridge
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2007, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
gofridge is gofridge's joke account. gofridge forgot to log out of gofridge's gofridge account and log in to gofridge's main account before gofridge posted something serious. gofridge hates it when gofridge does that. gofridge.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 23, 2007, 11:04 AM

gofridge is gofridge's joke account. gofridge forgot to log out of gofridge's gofridge account and log in to gofridge's main account before gofridge posted something serious. gofridge hates it when gofridge does that. gofridge.
What's your regular nick ?

I didn't get the memo.

-t

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 23, 2007, 06:37 PM

These 3 weirdo's is one thing but I have to say I think the teachers and the school board are an even bigger problem for letting this play out for so long.

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 23, 2007, 11:57 PM

How are they getting arrested? Who cares what age that guy pretended he was.... and how are the other two pedophiles? I don't get what was illegal here.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2007, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by centerchannel68 View Post
How are they getting arrested? Who cares what age that guy pretended he was.... and how are the other two pedophiles? I don't get what was illegal here.
You don't see anything problematic about a 29 year old SEX OFFENDER sitting in a grade 7 class for 5 weeks?

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2007, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post

Eh...does he have any teeth?
i'm sure he takes his dentures out before

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 24, 2007, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
You don't see anything problematic about a 29 year old SEX OFFENDER sitting in a grade 7 class for 5 weeks?
Not really. As long as no harm was done, I don't see why he's in jail..... the teachers who didnt notice a 29 year old, on the other hand... what the ****ing hell.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2007, 01:11 PM

Failing to register as a sex offender is illegal. Also, getting within a certain proximity of elementary schools is illegal in this scenario. Enrolling as a student is beyond the pale, both legally and morally.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 24, 2007, 01:30 PM

Ah. Gotcha. I still think it' more the faculty's fault. I mean... HELLO, he does not look 12.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2007, 01:38 PM

Not really. As long as no harm was done, I don't see why he's in jail..... the teachers who didnt notice a 29 year old, on the other hand... what the ****ing hell.
Well if you had a kid that sat next to him for 5 weeks in class you might think otherwise.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2007, 02:42 PM

Ah. Gotcha. I still think it' more the faculty's fault. I mean... HELLO, he does not look 12.
I know. What surprises me also is that none of the kids spoke up. When you're that age, you can easily tell if someone is a year above or below you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules